Hacking Conclusion about cIOS38 rev14 ...

TeenTin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Can this conclusion be made that cIOS38 rev14 is superior than ALL previous versions in EVERY aspect, except on the game SSBB ?

Thanks !

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much. It's recommended for practically all USB loaders, has great compatibility, brings back Disc Channel support (I'm a sucker for that thing)... Enough said.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
have you seen the bugs list.......

superior.... no,
better than other cIOS's..... maybe,

its all wii dependent some ppl have trouble with newer revs than others so they might say an older cIOS is more superior than rev 14 but it depends on the needs of the user.

that would be my conclusion..................well sort of

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
The bugs list which is made up of one bug... SSBB crashing during videos? Every other bug mentioned is due to user stupidity (using a loader without an 002 fix or not turning on/off the 002 fixes they were using) or was present in every other revision of cIOS36/cIOS38 too.

QUOTE said:
superior.... no,
He was asking if it's the best of the cIOSes, so wouldn't that make it be the superior one after all?

its all wii dependent some ppl have trouble with newer revs than others so they might say an older cIOS is more superior than rev 14 but it depends on the needs of the user.

The only ones I see complaining about rev 14 are the people with old game channels installed that expected future releases to be fully backwards compatible.

It has one bug, SSBB videos, and that is easily worked around with Hermes' IOS222. Rev 13 had the reset issue, 12 was too slow, 11 doesn't really exist, all earlier ones don't support USB peripherals. Compared to the rest, rev 14 truly is the superior revision to use, except for SSBB as claimed.

TeenTin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dr. Clipper said:
pepxl said:
The bugs list which is made up of one bug... SSBB crashing during videos? Every other bug mentioned is due to user stupidity (using a loader without an 002 fix or not turning on/off the 002 fixes they were using) or was present in every other revision of cIOS36/cIOS38 too.

QUOTE said:
superior.... no,
He was asking if it's the best of the cIOSes, so wouldn't that make it be the superior one after all?

The only ones I see complaining about rev 14 are the people with old game channels installed that expected future releases to be fully backwards compatible.

It has one bug, SSBB videos, and that is easily worked around with Hermes' IOS222. Rev 13 had the reset issue, 12 was too slow, 11 doesn't really exist, all earlier ones don't support USB peripherals. Compared to the rest, rev 14 truly is the superior revision to use, except for SSBB as claimed.

Thank you very much indeed !

Your answer is crystal clear ! Extremely helpful !

ChiboSempai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What problems are with Brawl? I play Brawl with it constantly. I think I heard it's the subspace videos right? I beat that when it came out, no need to do anything but multiplayer now.

I haven't started playing Conduit yet though :/
online would be cool

Sachka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Conduit issues are present with older cios too. Even with backup channel or cioscorp. I believe its due to read speed being slower or higher since the only way I found for it to play fine is tru disc channel with a modchip (using cios 14 btw)

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
pepxl said:

QUOTE said:
superior.... no,

thats exactly why i sed it was dependent on user needs, so i didnt get a sarcy arsed comment, superior rev but u need to use cIOS222 to get some games to work properly, thats not superior, superior to me is untouchable, nothing else could compare or would be needed. ive had more problems with rev 14 than rev 10. i dont use peripherals so that doesnt bother me and i didnt have to set indevidual game settings for most of the games i play, with rev 14 i do.

i didnt have problems with the conduit either single or multiplayer until i upped to rev 14 then all the multiplayer menus started stuttering then eventually crashed.

D

Deleted-119707

ive not had problems with it so far. i was on rev10 and i couldnt use the LAN adapter. so i installed rev 14 and the LAN adapter works. all the games work without any problems. ive not tried SSBB, i got the original dics so i probably wont try it.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
so u can honourstly say u didnt hav a problem with 14, like changing settings for a game to work when it did before, something not loading when it did before.

im not saying its a sh*t rev its quite avdavced compared to older revs but why take out the functionality from rev 14 when it was in the older ones. e.g. 002 fix(i no get a better loader)

it worked in 10 not in 14, a little bit of code taken out makes a lot of problems for ppl who want it. not taking about 002 but in general

D

Deleted-119707

pepxl said:
so u can honourstly say u didnt hav a problem with 14, like changing settings for a game to work when it did before, something not loading when it did before.

im not saying its a sh*t rev its quite avdavced compared to older revs but why take out the functionality from rev 14 when it was in the older ones. e.g. 002 fix(i no get a better loader)

it worked in 10 not in 14, a little bit of code taken out makes a lot of problems for ppl who want it. not taking about 002 but in general

yeah, no problems at all. all the games work like they did before. well, on usb loader gx, i turn on the 002 fix. the only game that i couldnt get working in the rev and the other revs is call of duty 3 as it resets to my wii menu (but i know this is a common problem, i dont know if there is a fix).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The issue with ssbb is that the last sectors of the 1st layer can't be read. This will affect other games that use 2 layers, or nearly fill the one layer.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
....and i didnt have to set indevidual game settings for most of the games i play, with rev 14 i do.

This doesn't really make sense. The only setting you should have to set it the 002 fix, since it's been removed from the cIOS. It's a global setting in pretty much every loader, so there's no need to set each game individually.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking as someone who refused to upgrade from CIOS 9, I took the plunge to CIOS rev 14. Other than the known issues with two games (Conduit and SSBB), everything worked fine. All the current loaders support the 002 fix and CIOS rev 14 is the ONLY one that allows you to play Science Papa.

The workaround for SSBB is easy enough (i.e., use Hermes).

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:

I've had none of the problems you mention; every single game I have works just as well as it did before (I can't peak of SSBB or the apparent Conduit issues). Once again, the only setting you might have to change is the 002 fix, which should be a global setting in every loader (and it was removed from the cIOS for a reason... it's not like Waninkoko is just randomly trashing chunks of code just for the heck of it). There are no individual game settings that shouldn't work when set just as they were before.

Also, every single game I have works just as well as it did before (I can't speak of SSBB or the apparent Conduit issues).

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is superior in performance with newer hardware (drives). I had a 1TB Seagate that was not functional on the Wii until rev14, and my other 1TB drive (Verbatim) functions quicker. For people with new large drives, many will only be able to use rev14 anyway.

I believe the SSBB issue can be resolved if you patch it to DVD5 format. You loose some cutscenes, but it'll work without crashing afaik. Or, just wait for rev15 for this game.

madbrainx

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
I can't run 3 games though usb-loader after cios38 rev14 update from rev13a: wii play, wii music and wii sports all ntsc-u. Every other game seem to be working fine. Tried latest cfg usb-loader, gx, neogamma r7, coverflow but still no good. I just get a black screen. Not even health screen is shown. Does anyone have any clue? Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative