• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You could make it more secure by making it a payload stored on NAND, like some of the current a9lhax bootloaders.

Yesterday, I saw this splash screen someone had made, it'd freeze the console on it at boot unless you powered on holding A. Could work with a similar idea, locking you out of the console with no instructions unless you press a certain button sequence.
Did they release it? I want it XD

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
You could make it more secure by making it a payload stored on NAND, like some of the current a9lhax bootloaders.

Yesterday, I saw this splash screen someone had made, it'd freeze the console on it at boot unless you powered on holding A. Could work with a similar idea, locking you out of the console with no instructions unless you press a certain button sequence.
Then you just get dog turds sent to your house and the thief will most likely find a way around it. Unless of course you use a PO box, but I still doubt it'd be sent back.

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
i'm sorry, but that theme won't work, touchsecreen is still unreachable from ARM9 code, so if you really want such a thing, you will need to use buttons only

Mistie

Legit Furry Trash
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'm sorry, but that theme won't work, touchsecreen is still unreachable from ARM9 code, so if you really want such a thing, you will need to use buttons only
I didn't realize the touch screen did not function... Hmm that's a bit disappointing.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I didn't realize the touch screen did not function... Hmm that's a bit disappointing.

You could still bring up the ARM11 CPU to handle the touch stuff (see screen init, that needs ARM11 to be running, at least temporarily, if I'm not mistaken).

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
You could still bring up the ARM11 CPU to handle the touch stuff (see screen init, that needs ARM11 to be running, at least temporarily, if I'm not mistaken).
that should be able to work, but there is a little tiny problem ; there is litterally 0 incentive for devs to achieve toutch screen support to ARM9 payloads ^^' since we already have the easy to use buttons for all the control needs :P

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
that should be able to work, but there is a little tiny problem ; there is litterally 0 incentive for devs to achieve toutch screen support to ARM9 payloads ^^' since we already have the easy to use buttons for all the control needs :P

I can think of one aside from this, but it's minor too: Linux.

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I can think of one aside from this, but it's minor too: Linux.
there is already a linux loader for arm9 without toutch screen support, so i doubt that will help with giving incentive to be able to use touch screen from arm9, but i may be wrong...

Reactions: daxtsu

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Then what is touchPosition in "libctru\include\3ds\services\hid.h"?
this is a global HID library for the console, in a classical homebrew setup (from homebrew channel, with both arm9 and arm11 working properly), not to use from the ARM9 only with arm11 barely initialised that is A9LH.

If you believe i am wrong, then by all means, produce a PoC arm9 payload using touch screen for A9LH :)

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The code for a lock screen already exists. Decrypt9 does this when you want to restore a NAND(although it does give you the passcode on screen).

That same thing could be applied to your lock screen. Instead of using a keyboard with numbers just use a button combination. "A, up, left, B" or something like that. No touch screen required.

HowDoI?

Trophies
XP
Country
The code for a lock screen already exists. Decrypt9 does this when you want to restore a NAND(although it does give you the passcode on screen).

That same thing could be applied to your lock screen. Instead of using a keyboard with numbers just use a button combination. "A, up, left, B" or something like that. No touch screen required.
or like 123 456 789 0 and u use de arrow circular pad to move

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or like 123 456 789 0 and u use de arrow circular pad to move
That method would be too slow and annoying. Honestly at that point I wouldn't use it.

Also with a button combination you would only need two images. A red screen with a closed lock and a green screen with an open lock. Obviously it would change when you get the combination right. After that it would bring up your menu or autoboot depending on your setup.

Reactions: SomeGamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.