• Poll closed .

Mistie

Legit Furry Trash
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I spent a small amount of time making some concept art of what a more graphical boot manager could look like for 3DS along with a lock screen after I saw a thread requesting this feature.

Maybe concept art like this will compel someone to make this a reality? Theoretically shouldn't be too difficult to build off already existing boot managers (Ctrbootmanager, bootCTR, etc.) Though GUIs are hard as hell.

Apparently the touchscreen is not (currently) accessible for arm9. I will see if I can rework my concepts with this in mind. Apparently someone has a theory for getting touch screen to work with this. Would work like screen int does theoretically. Since screen int is arm11 as well.
T3MK1rH.png

hTRgX4n.png

Please note that for the passcode feature it could always be bypassed by replacing the arm9loaderhax.bin file. And the passcode would like be stored in plain text in a config file.

So it's secure unless people get to your SD card and actually know what they are doing.

Last edited by Mistie,

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is nice, now to see if it will come out. I had the thought of a lock screen a LONG time ago (Like 3 weeks ago) and it was not as good as a concept than yours.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Well, it's a nice idea. And I like the design of it. However...
Theoretically shouldn't be too difficult to build
Developing a GUI takes time. That's why practically no homebrew has one.
(And on a side note I'm not even sure someone managed to call the integrated 3DS keyboard in a homebrew)

Mistie

Legit Furry Trash
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it's a nice idea. And I like the design of it. However...

Developing a GUI takes time. That's why practically no homebrew has one.
(And on a side note I'm not even sure someone managed to call the integrated 3DS keyboard in a homebrew)

I don't think you would have to actually pull up the official keyboard. Just map the image xD (Use a .bin file for the background and just read where tapped)

Mistie

Legit Furry Trash
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would be willing to make more graphics if required in the event that someone does want to take up this task.

Mistie

Legit Furry Trash
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can't, because you have to use the keyboard API from CTR-SDK for that.
Thanks for the clarification on that. Maybe someone could take the time and make a really well done open source keyboard that people can just "copy paste" into their project.

Mistie

Legit Furry Trash
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If anyone else would like for me to make anymore concepts that they just have in their head don't be scared to ask.

This guy is so useful.
I've just seen like 5 threads with his pointless comments, including:

on a thread where guy asks why his OTPhelper won't ubrick 2.1

This one really got on my nerves, mate.

Explain to me how you are contributing to the thread at all with this pointless comment?

I don't see any point in your post other than to trash talk another forum member. Stop acting like this is a school cafeteria.

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This guy is so useful.
I've just seen like 5 threads with his pointless comments, including:

on a thread where guy asks why his OTPhelper won't ubrick 2.1

This one really got on my nerves, mate.
Thank you I am pretty useful. Thank you for bringing to light my comments on important matters. Also you have not been very helpful, neither have you made a comment on this thread about the boot manager just my helpful comments, very helpful.

Reactions: Deleted User

Mistie

Legit Furry Trash
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would love to do this. I still gotta learn how to code in C though... XD
Well I am sure for reference (in this case at least) you could look at what already exists for CtrBootManager9 and see if you can work from there. Even if you don't get to the point of having this done you could say you made something, and learned along the way.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I like the concept, tho I'd make one button CFW (no particular name) the other button NAND backup/restore (if it's possible with A9LH) the one with game dumping I'd keep and one with just general settings plus one for the Homebrew launcher.

Mistie

Legit Furry Trash
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like the concept, tho I'd make one button CFW (no particular name) the other button NAND backup/restore (if it's possible with A9LH) the one with game dumping I'd keep and one with just general settings plus one for the Homebrew launcher.
You cannot boot HBL directly from a9lh, decrypt9 has more than just NAND dump/restore, some people use more than one CFW. Probably be best to just have it fully customizable. Let people use their own PNGs for icons and such, and if a PNG isn't provided it could just display text on the button.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Making it user customizable would indeed be a good thing.
In case of multiple CFW's, why not make a submenu which allows you to pick which CFW you want to boot into?

I don't have that much knowledge of the 3DS so I was just giving my thoughts about it.
Personally, I just like things simplistic, especially when it comes to GUI's.
It should do what it's supposed to do, nothing fancy about it.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
You could make it more secure by making it a payload stored on NAND, like some of the current a9lhax bootloaders.

Yesterday, I saw this splash screen someone had made, it'd freeze the console on it at boot unless you powered on holding A. Could work with a similar idea, locking you out of the console with no instructions unless you press a certain button sequence.

Attachments

• 1457768961795.png
    1457768961795.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 294

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U