Gaming Computer Technicians?? Helpp!!

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok if you have done what P1ngPong said to do, insert the cd, then after POST (this is before the computer starts the XP boot sequence) the computer should automatically ask if you would like to boot from the cd (or "press any key to boot from cd"), and after that it should be pretty straight forward.

I really hope you get your problem solved.
smile.gif

EDIT: is an external CD/DVD Drive, or a external HDD?

jozsua_cruz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sterl500 said:
Ok if you have done what P1ngPong said to do, insert the cd, then after POST (this is before the computer starts the XP boot sequence) the computer should automatically ask if you would like to boot from the cd (or "press any key to boot from cd"), and after that it should be pretty straight forward.

smile.gif

I would really wish that would happen but it didntt.. and thankss..
biggrin.gif

jozsua_cruz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sterl500 said:

smile.gif

EDIT: is an external CD/DVD Drive, or a external HDD?

its an external CD/DVD drivee..

TheLifeRuiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't know what you can do aside from what other people suggested (using an alternate USB drive).

The last thing you could do in BIOS is to go to where the boot order is (don't boot to the BIOS boot order, because then you can't edit them).
So you should be shown the main BIOS screen, and you click right-arrow until you get to boot order.
In boot order, you should go down and change the boot order so that the USB drive or whatever seems to be the right one is first (you can tinker around with the order since it doesn't affect anything).
Now, you should be able to click or something on the actual Device that you selected to boot first from. You can also tinker with those to see if it helps. You can always reset your BIOS settings to default so eh
when you're done with that, Exit Saving Changes.
Plug in your Drive with the CD/DVD and Restart the computer.
It should boot.

That's what should be happening, if not then like I said you have to try something else, sorry.

ALSO, as much as I, and anyone may feel for you, please don't bump the thread every couple of minutes just because no one is helping you immediately. You can't assume that someone knows. For all you know, someone knows and chooses NOT to help you because you're doing that...some people are like that. So please be mindful of your posts.

jozsua_cruz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TheLifeRuiner said:
I honestly don't know what you can do aside from what other people suggested (using an alternate USB drive).

The last thing you could do in BIOS is to go to where the boot order is (don't boot to the BIOS boot order, because then you can't edit them).
So you should be shown the main BIOS screen, and you click right-arrow until you get to boot order.
In boot order, you should go down and change the boot order so that the USB drive or whatever seems to be the right one is first (you can tinker around with the order since it doesn't affect anything).
Now, you should be able to click or something on the actual Device that you selected to boot first from. You can also tinker with those to see if it helps. You can always reset your BIOS settings to default so eh
when you're done with that, Exit Saving Changes.
Plug in your Drive with the CD/DVD and Restart the computer.
It should be boot.

That's what should be happening, if not then like I said you have to try something else, sorry.

Ohh..okay theenn.. thanks for the suggestions.. to everybody..
smile.gif

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Ok I searched a little and found an article detailing a similar issue to what you have experienced, I did not experience this by the way when I installed XP on my Acer. Anyway here is the original source. http://www.notebookcheck.net/Short-Review-...ok.16014.0.html

And here is the part that sounds like what you are experiencing.

QUOTE said:
After booting from an external optical drive, running Windows went smoothly at first. During the installation, the external drive was not detected anymore after a reboot was necessary, so the installation searched for a Windows XP CD in vain. At that point of time it was impossible to change the boot order to booting from CD via pressing F12 during the boot process, and the BIOS settings were ignored as well. Instead, the system kept booting from hard disk and asked to insert the XP CD - which was impossible due to the external drive used. Unfortunately, the Windows installation routine does not allow for a cancellation in a case like this. Only cutting off the power supply and removing the battery made booting from an external drive and recovering Linpus Linus Lite possible again.

So try what they suggest and remove the power and battery completely, and see if you have any more luck. But before you do anything I suggest you read the entire "operating systems" section in that article.

Good luck.

jozsua_cruz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
p1ngpong said:
Ok I searched a little and found an article detailing a similar issue to what you have experienced, I did not experience this by the way when I installed XP on my Acer. Anyway here is the original source. http://www.notebookcheck.net/Short-Review-...ok.16014.0.html

And here is the part that sounds like what you are experiencing.

QUOTE said:
After booting from an external optical drive, running Windows went smoothly at first. During the installation, the external drive was not detected anymore after a reboot was necessary, so the installation searched for a Windows XP CD in vain. At that point of time it was impossible to change the boot order to booting from CD via pressing F12 during the boot process, and the BIOS settings were ignored as well. Instead, the system kept booting from hard disk and asked to insert the XP CD - which was impossible due to the external drive used. Unfortunately, the Windows installation routine does not allow for a cancellation in a case like this. Only cutting off the power supply and removing the battery made booting from an external drive and recovering Linpus Linus Lite possible again.

So try what they suggest and remove the power and battery completely, and see if you have any more luck. But before you do anything I suggest you read the entire "operating systems" section in that article.

Good luck.

Thanks so Muchhh!!!
smile.gif

jozsua_cruz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
any other suggestions? would really help mee..it might workk..
smile.gif

I tried to do it from usb.. i copied the files from the cd and put it there.. it reocognized it like I can choose it from the Boot options.. but it didnt work..i think the only problem is that my computer cant recognize the dvd player.. not like the usb becuase it says there kingston traveller..

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheLifeRuiner said:
@Linkiboy: He said he has the option in BIOS, but it doesn't work. It may simply be user error, but it could be that it's just that -- can't boot off it so he needs an alternative. Anyways, it is a USB drive, technically speaking, so I'm guessing you mean an SSD/HDD.
QUOTE(jozsua_cruz @ Nov 4 2009, 08:25 PM) When I press F12, I only have 2 choices. IDE 0: SSDPAMM0008G1 and Network Boot: LEGACY PCI DEVICE.
No, he doesn't.

And no, I meant a USB flash drive. For example my external cd drive isn't read by my computer in bios either.

Seriously, making an installation on an SD card is easy and takes a few minutes.

jozsua_cruz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Linkiboy said:
TheLifeRuiner said:
@Linkiboy: He said he has the option in BIOS, but it doesn't work. It may simply be user error, but it could be that it's just that -- can't boot off it so he needs an alternative. Anyways, it is a USB drive, technically speaking, so I'm guessing you mean an SSD/HDD.
QUOTE(jozsua_cruz @ Nov 4 2009, 08:25 PM) When I press F12, I only have 2 choices. IDE 0: SSDPAMM0008G1 and Network Boot: LEGACY PCI DEVICE.
No, he doesn't.

And no, I meant a USB flash drive. For example my external cd drive isn't read by my computer in bios either.

Seriously, making an installation on an SD card is easy and takes a few minutes.

Oh..okayy..Do you know how to do it? But can you substiute SD card to a USB Stick? I guess I'll try this.. Im really desperate to try anything right noww..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER