Computer Problems, Please Help

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Zenith94, Jun 18, 2009.

Jun 18, 2009
  1. Zenith94
    OP

Member Zenith94 1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz

United States
    1) I started messing with the http and ftp to make torrents download faster but it didn't work. All it did was make internet explorer and google chrome stop working. That is, they couldnt connect to the internet. Iam now using firefox. But then other programs like steam stoped working.

2) Every time I start my computer I get this annoying error message:
    Windows cannot find c:/windows/config/csrss.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

3) Is there a program that displays the biggest folders and files on a hard drive?

2. Athlon-pv

Member Athlon-pv GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Could you be more specific like which os you use which program you used to make the torrent stuff faster.

The default directory display options are in the folder options which is accesed pulldown menu when you open a harddrive. you can select to display hidden files and hidden system files all from there.

If you cant be more precise with explaining what you did or when things go wrong people cant help you.

3. Zenith94
    OP

Member Zenith94 1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz

United States
    Well I looked In the config folder even with hidden files and folders shown there was nothing there.

Iam using Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3. I didn't use a program to make the torrents faster, I just messed with the HTTP and FTP. Honestly, I don't remember what I did exactly, but I do remember messing with the internet options that are located in the control panel.

4. Athlon-pv

Member Athlon-pv GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yep and i think there is a seperate tag for system files beyond the hidden files display option

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...w.mspx?mfr=true