Gaming Computer not reading sd card

Santee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my computer isn't reading my sd card whenever i put it in there's a noise that means it knows it's in but when i go to my computer it's not there my cousin recently did some stuff to clean my hard drive up and make it turn on faster i has no say in the matter since it's not my computer and im 13

Santee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anybody? i think it's that he removed some drivers or detection programs anybody know or can help im kinda getting frustrated since thats how i get my wii homebrew and use my cyclods

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
sleep.gif

Start button, then click Search.

Santee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nessie said:
sleep.gif

Start button, then click Search.
it doesn't seem to work cause i need to pick somewhere to search and searching my whole computer would take forever

Posts merged

oh i found out the error "the device cannot start error code -10"

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
maybe the driver for it got deleted: plug it in, go to device manager and click; search for new hardware.

maybe the data on the card is corrupt: plug it into a computer that can read it and do a quick format.

maybe the "lock" on it is on: some cards come with a read protect switch on the side.

maybe you're putting it in backwards: hey people sometimes mistakenly put cd's in upside down.... it could happen.

ring ring... hello IT, have you tried turning it off and on again.

Santee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nin10do said:
maybe the driver for it got deleted: plug it in, go to device manager and click; search for new hardware.

maybe the data on the card is corrupt: plug it into a computer that can read it and do a quick format.

maybe the "lock" on it is on: some cards come with a read protect switch on the side.

maybe you're putting it in backwards: hey people sometimes mistakenly put cd's in upside down.... it could happen.

i tried the drivers first, the data isn't corrupted cause it still reads and writes on my wii and homebrew channel, i made sure the lock wasn't on, it's and sd card the problem is it wont show up the computer has been turned off plenty of times

and to the last post WHATTT?????

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
epicelite said:
It has to do with a registry error, try running CCleaner or CC cleaner or w/e it's called.

It's CCleaner.

Ichigo, it's an app that can clean up various junk files on your computer (freeing up space on your hard drive) and can also find bad/obsolete/unnecessary registry entries and remove them for you.

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Ichigosj said:
nin10do said:

i tried the drivers first, the data isn't corrupted cause it still reads and writes on my wii and homebrew channel, i made sure the lock wasn't on, it's and sd card the problem is it wont show up the computer has been turned off plenty of times

and to the last post WHATTT?????

GOOGLE... why hast thou forsaken it?

the IT thing is from a show called the IT crowd... its hilarious stuff. anyway...

Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this scenario and make your USB device work again.

1) If you are using a USB cable with your device, check the cable to make sure it matches the speed of the device. Use USB 2.0 cables with USB 2.0 devices and USB 1.1 cables with USB 1.1 devices. Swap cables and check the device, if this does not work, proceed to Step 2.

2) Next, open Device Manager and look under the heading for USB Serial Bus Controllers. If there is a device with a yellow exclamation mark next to it such as USB Mass Storage Device. Double-click on the entry and check the Device Status. If the status shows something like

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

proceed to Step 3.

3) The easiest way to solve a USB error code 10 in Windows XP is to follow the steps below to remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

A. Click on Start
B. Right Click on My Computer, click on Properties
C.Click on the Hardware tab
D. Click the Device Manager button.
E. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers section.
F. Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
G. Restart the computer, and allow the computer to reinstall the USB controllers.
H. Plug in the removable USB storage device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Santee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nin10do your method doesn't seem to be working did you mean uninstall the reader or my SD card cause neither seem to work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...