Kingslayer_Kyle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

So I've been messing around a lot with the retroarch NSP forwarders and I've installed a huge amount of NSP's just getting it to work.

When I install an NSP with the same title ID as I've previously used the console seems to remember the name of the game and picture I originally installed with that title ID. So I'm guessing somewhere stored on my switch I have a huge amount of junk full of old games that were installed.

I'm quite new to the scene so I don't fully know how tickets work but I'm assuming they play a role in this? Or there might just be another directory that holds the information of everything you've ever installed..

Basically all I'm wanting to know is how you completely uninstall a game (Besides just deleting the NSP file and uninstalling from home menu)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cleanest way is to have a clean NAND Backup, pre CFW backup, and the alternative method is to do the following

Mount the emmc in hacdiskmount.

For 100% clean emmc...

Mount SYSTEM, bis key 2.
You will have:

Contents
save
saveMeta (maybe)

1) Delete saveMeta folder if it exists.
2) Go in to save, delete everything apart from 8000000000000120 - you will want to complete initial setup when booted!
3) Go into Contents/placehld. Delete anything that may be in here (probably empty)
4) Go to SD card, delete Nintendo folder. It is now useless.

Unmount, boot. Done.

Reactions: MazuNX
D

Deleted User

theoracticly yes you can remove all traces IF YOU KNOW WHERE THEY ARE but nobody knows so a backup of the NAND AND PLEASE DONT FORGET THAT SD CARD NSPS MUST BE REMOVED TOO SO YOU MUST FORMAT THE SD BEFORE GOING ONLINE (idk if the nand backup removes these things from the SD card too because in the switch "registry" nothing from these games is, heard the certificates are banning you and these are on the NAND but i wouldnt trust this soo yea format the SD card and use a nand backup to be sure to dont get banned if you arent you can redownload these games from the SD card too) :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-