ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
Does this mean you're gonna be busy in Fall semester? I'm trying to finish the dating scripts for Rinko soon and maybe a few more important scripts. That should be enough for the next patch release.
happy.gif

Thank you, ValerianK. Feel free to change the scripts or leave comments if you find anything that sounds odd. I'll go over the scripts before inserting them to the game.

Anyway, if there are anything that need to be changed, please change them, or if you're not sure, please leave your suggestion. (English is not my native language, so it's difficult for me when the editors only say that some lines sound weird without telling me how or what to change. T_T)It really depends on my workload. I'll still be able to get through some scripts though. I didn't realize that English wasn't your native language. I was hoping other editors would edit the lines when I had said that it sounded weird, but I'll keep that in mind in the future.

QUOTE(ValerianK @ Aug 16 2011, 06:57 PM) I've gone through all of Nene's dating scripts [Edit: whoops, by "all" I meant the "during a date" text] but it's hard to tell what should and shouldn't be changed from the style sheet on the website. For example, I made a few contractions and changed some words to sound more natural (often switching out "quite") but I noticed afterward that this wasn't necessarily done in instances edited by other people. I tried to avoid making too many changes, and I didn't change anything significant (although I did leave a comment beside one use of "big sister" in the translation) to avoid having it clash with the rest of the text, but some of it does sound a little awkward still.

It's going to be functional either way, and I'm assuming other people will go over it and it'll be checked by someone who has seen everything before being integrated into the patch, but I just thought I'd let whoever know.
I'm probably not the person you want to get advice from, since I feel like I change more stuff than most other people--which I'm still not sure if it's good or not--but really, I think that the goal for us editors is to make sure that the script is readable, natural, and unintrusive. For example, I was playing Atelier Rorona the other day and I noticed some grammar errors playing through it. I want to try to avoid that.

Basically, grammar aside, if I read it aloud and it's fine, I don't bother with it. That's my test.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OceanBlue said:
It really depends on my workload. I'll still be able to get through some scripts though. I didn't realize that English wasn't your native language. I was hoping other editors would edit the lines when I had said that it sounded weird, but I'll keep that in mind in the future.
Haha. I think I've mentioned it that I'm not a native English speaker.
tongue.gif
That's why the editors are very important for this project.
wub.gif

And mostly we don't really have other editors to edit the scripts. So you can edit like you're the one finalizing it.
biggrin.gif
There's some occasion where some other editors might go over the already-edited scripts, but currently, that's pretty rare.

ValerianK

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jjjewel said:
The dating skinship scripts were done long time ago. (They are already included in v 0.6 patch. But they might still need some editing.)
The skinship scripts (164-199) are, but the dating skinship scripts (200-220) are still in Edit 1 on the website. I just went through all of Nene's scripts for that section though.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ValerianK said:
jjjewel said:
The dating skinship scripts were done long time ago. (They are already included in v 0.6 patch. But they might still need some editing.)
The skinship scripts (164-199) are, but the dating skinship scripts (200-220) are still in Edit 1 on the website. I just went through all of Nene's scripts for that section though.
Thank you so much.
wub.gif

When I said it's done, I mean the translation part.
biggrin.gif

--------------------

By the way, today is Rinko's birthday. My DS clock is 2 months behind, so I don't celebrate it today.
tongue.gif
But anyone playing Rinko's file, don't forget it.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
By the way, today is Rinko's birthday. My DS clock is 2 months behind, so I don't celebrate it today.
tongue.gif
But anyone playing Rinko's file, don't forget it.

Ack! i still haven't gotten her yet T_T

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished going through Nene's dating location scripts. I figured I'd get them out of the way before classes started.

I'm somewhat worried that I missed some things, especially near the end, but hopefully it isn't too bad. Also, I noticed a problem with some of the apostrophes while I was looking through the special events scripts. Remember that you have to turn off smart quotes by going to Tools > Preferences > [uncheck] Use Smart Quotes.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wub.gif
To the Editors:

I added the Editors' Page on the Love Plus Tran Site;

https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans/editors-page

Currently, I put some parts of the scripts that I need some quick check there.

When you are editing the scripts, if you find anything that you're not sure, you can post there too. (You can leave comments in the script itself, but sometimes other editors don't notice that.)

Thank you very much.

------------------------

Edited: Added about half of Rinko's dating location scripts.

https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans...-format/128-163

The rest should be added within a few days.

ddede

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys! I've downloaded the patch about a week ago and I'm lovin' it.
yaynds.gif
Thankyou jjjewel and everyone else for all your devotion and hard work.
Found this thread a few days ago and I have been following it since. I know you guys need help so I would like to join your cause.
Erm... Is there anything that i can do to help, without messing anything up?

I just have to add- you guys rock!
bow.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ddede said:
Erm... Is there anything that i can do to help, without messing anything up?
You can help submitting Error Report if you find any misspelling/grammar errors while you're playing the game.

This includes something that sounds odd too. (The translators and editors mostly work on raw scripts, and we don't hear the actual speech or see the girl's reaction when she actually says it. So, the players' feedback is very important to us.
wub.gif
)

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
that's so weird...I've been going to the anime store to pick up the cosplay uniform for Rinko and all i got was a box set>____

pacz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't mind helping out. Seems quite a number of people would like to see the next patch out and I have some free time available, so if all the editors are busy atm, would you like me to lend a hand?

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pacz said:
I wouldn't mind helping out. Seems quite a number of people would like to see the next patch out and I have some free time available, so if all the editors are busy atm, would you like me to lend a hand?

If you could help, that would be great.

Here's the page with some links to the scripts.

https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans...w-script-format

Currently, the ones with Nene's icon and Rinko's icon are in need for editing. I've reviewed and run spelling check for them already so there shouldn't be many errors, but I need someone to check if they sound okay. (I'm not a native English speaker, so sometimes I tend to use weird vocabs and stuff.
tongue.gif
)

There are about 20 scripts that need editing now. And after this, there will be about 10 more scripts that I'm translating. If we get all these edited, I can release the next patch.
biggrin.gif

(What's left after this would be the walking/talking at the cafe scripts which are the longest, most difficult, but least significant for the game. So I kept them for later.
tongue.gif
)

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I quickly ran through the dream scripts. Honestly, there wasn't much at at all to edit at all. Nothing really weird, anyway.

Sorry I haven't been as active. As you've said, school is eating a chunk of my time, and I've been unusually busy during weekends. I'll try to get things done when I have the time.

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
tiggerlator said:
I don't wanna offend anyone who likes this game, but how about a real girlfriend. This looks a little creepy to me tbh.

actually nobody takes this seriously like real life, it's just a cute game, just like nintendogs or any other virtual pet game,
the fun is you're transferred into a virtual Japan and virtually exist there in an anime-like world with anime-like characters, not bad if you ask me..
to be honest I find the games where you have to kill stuff far more creepier than this very cute game,lol...
I've never seriously fully played a shoot-them-up game or whatever in my life cause i just don't enjoy grim stuff, I don't aspire to become a criminal, a shooter, a mafia guy or whatever..
but this game has positive energy, it's happy and cute, with new high-technological experimentation that they keep adding and adding making it more and more interesting..
what is there not to enjoy? why is it ok with everybody to virtually kill and murder humans and stuff and suddenly it become a taboo when it's a sim-like game?!

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tiggerlator said:
I don't wanna offend anyone who likes this game, but how about a real girlfriend. This looks a little creepy to me tbh.
Love Plus is enjoyed by plenty of salarymen in Japan. Having a girlfriend doesn't mean you can't enjoy this game.

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yeah..my girlfriend has it on her pc and plays Manaka's route, I play Rinko's,lol..just a game guys..

pacz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I checked and edited the "phone" from rinko , 601 - 605. I made some minor changes here and there with grammar and a few word choices. I can read a bit of Japanese so I made some word choice changes as well in 604 - 605.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OceanBlue said:
I quickly ran through the dream scripts. Honestly, there wasn't much at at all to edit at all. Nothing really weird, anyway.

Sorry I haven't been as active. As you've said, school is eating a chunk of my time, and I've been unusually busy during weekends. I'll try to get things done when I have the time.
Okay, I got the dream scripts finalized. (Yay, we're done with all the dreams.) And don't worry. We got a lot of scripts edited during the school break. (You were so fast that I had fun trying to catch up with the editors' editing speed, and all of a sudden there's no more, so I kind of miss it.
tongue.gif
) Anyway, I have some inactive moment, too. So don't worry, just work at your own pace.
wink.gif

-----------------------

QUOTE(pacz @ Sep 4 2011, 04:23 PM) I checked and edited the "phone" from rinko , 601 - 605. I made some minor changes here and there with grammar and a few word choices. I can read a bit of Japanese so I made some word choice changes as well in 604 - 605.
Thank you very much.
wub.gif
I've finalized those scripts so the ones you already checked will be off-line soon.

-----------------------

Regarding error submission form

- Some players reported "I do love you." or "I do want to marry you." as wrong grammar. (Saying they should be "I love you." "I want to marry you.") I'm not sure if using "I do" to emphasize a sentence is regional or not, but it sounds okay to me, so I didn't change it.

- One player reported that the answer choices for 14+42/(-7) are all wrong. (I don't know how to reach the one who submitted the report, so I think I'll post here.) One of the answers is correct. You just miscalculated it. (Remember, you have to do division before addition. So it has to be 14+(42/(-7)) not (14+42)/(-7).
biggrin.gif

- Other than these two, I already corrected the scripts according to the reports. You should see the corrections in the coming patch.

If anyone spots anything wrong in the game, please feel free to tell us.
wub.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr