Status
Not open for further replies.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Redah said:
1. Is it safe to update all remaining IOSes through NUSD, after your update? I know not to touch IOS202, IOS222, IOS223 and IOS249, but I do not know about the others. I would like to have the 'official' ones on my Wii, withouth exploits patched in them (because the bug will already be in IOS70). When downloading IOS30 via NUSD, for example, it will tell me not to update this IOS to a stub because certain System Menus use it. Is it still used with 4.2 or not? What IOSes are safe to update/download after following your guide?

2. Is it safe to update MIOS and BC to the latest versions? I don't know if my Wii has the latest ones, and I'd like it to have everything up-to-date
smile.gif

3. Is it safe to download/update IOS250? I have no idea what this is

4. Is it safe to download the IOS254 stub? I'm not using Patchmii (I think), as long as HBC and Trucha'd VC work I'm happy
smile.gif

5. Is it safe to remove the Photo Channel 1.0 title when I have 1.1 installed?

The IOSes you listed were all stubbed at one time or another. You can leave them as is, or download the stubs for them through NUSD if you wanted and add them to the mix. It does not matter really...v4.2 does not use them.

IOS250 is a copy of IOS249...leave it alone. Don't stub IOS254 either. As for the photo channel, I was under the assumption that updating it to 1.1 overwrites your old 1.0 installation?

You can install the latest MIOS and BC if you want, but if you are using GC backups (I do) you will effectively erase your cMIOS installation.

Posts merged

QUOTE(OriginalHamster @ Oct 4 2009, 01:07 PM) What happen with hermes IOS202, it's fuctional after this upgrade?

IOS202 isn't touched by either the official installer or this one. Yes, it is functional.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Thanks, I understand that all this will create a unique wad file to make the intallation, could you provide that file, I'm a very lazy person.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OriginalHamster said:
Thanks, I understand that all this will create a unique wad file to make the intallation, could you provide that file, I'm a very lazy person.

You essentially create wad files for all of the IOSes that were updated with v4.2. No, I cannot provide them for you!

warlock666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
transam81 said:
zektor said:
Can't you just use NeoGamma v0.8b3 and enable to block updates to play your game?

yeah you are right, also i did that on the preloader settings. 1 other question would it be better to use this method to update my firmware or should i just hold my horses and wait for Waninkoko's 4.2 Firmware updater?

Waninkoko's 4.2 Firmware updater is out

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?eiimjiow52z

But its still a bad idea to use it. I did and now cant play disc through wii disc channel, usb still works though

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
zektor said:
SpaceJump said:
So I followed the tutorial, but the WAD Batch Installer didn't want to install the IOS's. So I used WAD Manager 1.5 and everything went fine. Thanks
smile.gif
Did you put them in the "installer" folder?
Yes. It installed the first four IOS, then all others failed to install with the message "ret = 1017" if I remember correctly. But as I said installing them with WAD Manager 1.5 went flawlessly
smile.gif

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It's the purest way yet, or there any withest form? For someone that only use IOS249 and IOS202?

I just update to 4.2 using this tutorial and now my Wii is more pure than Jesuschrist + Buddha together!!!

Thank you very much Zektor and Darklocust!

D

darklocust

OP
If anyone tried to install Preloader v0.29 w/o HackMii v0.5, let us know how it went. Thank you!

warlock666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darklocust said:
If anyone tried to install Preloader v0.29 w/o HackMii v0.5, let us know how it went. Thank you!
yeh try'd preloader does nothing now for me hbc does not work
plus most option dont work like auto health message press A

bodean

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
warlock666 said:
transam81 said:
zektor said:
Can't you just use NeoGamma v0.8b3 and enable to block updates to play your game?

yeah you are right, also i did that on the preloader settings. 1 other question would it be better to use this method to update my firmware or should i just hold my horses and wait for Waninkoko's 4.2 Firmware updater?

But its still a bad idea to use it. I did and now cant play disc through wii disc channel, usb still works though

How is the Waninkoko 4.2 FW updater different than this method?

D

darklocust

OP
Can you elaborate on what you did? Did you update hacks.ini with the 4.2 hacks?

warlock666 said:
darklocust said:
yeh try'd preloader does nothing now for me hbc does not work
plus most option dont work like auto health message press A

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great Guide! Just updated from 4.1U to 4.2U via this method, and absolutely flawless!
bodean said:
warlock666 said:
transam81 said:
zektor said:

How is the Waninkoko 4.2 FW updater different than this method?

Waninkoko's 4.2 Updater Trucha's the IOS's....This method does not, which basically gives you a "pure" 4.2 (minus the boot2 update and stubbing your cIOS's)...also using wanin's method will result in an upside down homebrew channel!

bodean

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So if I'm running 4.1, with softmod (+usb loader), and a wiikey, this guide in this forum is what I want to use?

Tashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all i want is the new shop channel, can i just install the shop channel wad? or does it depend on anything else?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bodean said:
So if I'm running 4.1, with softmod (+usb loader), and a wiikey, this guide in this forum is what I want to use?

I don't know much about the wiikey or how that would interfere with the update. I assume you would be fine, but you might as well ask some other wiikey owners just to be on the safe side.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Tashi @ Oct 4 2009, 06:49 PM) all i want is the new shop channel, can i just install the shop channel wad? or does it depend on anything else?

Just download, pack into wad and install v17 of the shopping channel and the latest IOS61.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Go thru N and be a slave. Just kidding man.
I'm not being a slave. But, meh.
biggrin.gif

It is NOT safest to update via Nintendo. Please do not give that advice! We are not only talking about getting to the HBC, but we are talking about retaining your cIOSes as well.

By safest I meant, less likely to brick. In other words, you are more likely to brick by doing it manually and playing with IOSes. And I also pointed out that you can re-install the cIOS after.
smile.gif

zektor
The guide is simple and allows you to have a completely offline solution to getting up and running. If you have a pc and an internet connection, you can do this
smile.gif

Ture. I often forget about being online.

bodean

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BBking83 said:
QUOTE said:
Go thru N and be a slave. Just kidding man.
I'm not being a slave. But, meh.
biggrin.gif

It is NOT safest to update via Nintendo. Please do not give that advice! We are not only talking about getting to the HBC, but we are talking about retaining your cIOSes as well.

By safest I meant, less likely to brick. In other words, you are more likely to brick by doing it manually and playing with IOSes. And I also pointed out that you can re-install the cIOS after.
smile.gif

zektor
The guide is simple and allows you to have a completely offline solution to getting up and running. If you have a pc and an internet connection, you can do this
smile.gif

Ture. I often forget about being online.

What options do people have then, to update via nintendo, and keep their homebrew? This guide doesn't suggest a nintendo update, but manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong