OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mindofageek.com
XP
Country
United States
So, a buddy of mine had the dreaded right hinge breaking problem on his 3DS XL awhile back. He didn't want to deal with the hassle of sending it back to Nintendo and paying, so it sat for awhile. Anyway, he ended up selling me, this red Pokemon X/Y Limited edition nintendo 3ds XL with the right hinge completely removed.

Cut to now, I purchased a "Value Deluxe" shell replacement on Amazon and it's pretty much perfect. The only issue I'm running into, is that now that I actually got the little 'hinge' from my friend, and got ahold of the lock and the LED piece of plastic and the original barrel hinge, I can't seem to move the barrel hinge in the replacement. Unfortunately, I built everything back into it before I realized this part was missing, so I'd rather not have to remove everything again, but I will if I need to. Here is what I mean:

PWj97x6.jpg

I can't seem to move it at all. All of the videos I've watched about removing the top screen from the bottom seem to just pop out the other little plastic piece (that I'm trying to insert, the piece that allows the top screen to click into place while open) and the hinge just slides apart. This thing, on the replacement, is very much into the hinge and just does not want to move.

Does anyone know if there is a trick to push this thing toward the middle? so I can have enough room to get these other pieces in here?

Thanks!

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The white barrel goes into the inner lid (the correct way round) and you push it right in so it sits uder the top lcd.
Once you have threaded the ribbon cable threw the o ring and hinge shoulder (opp side of 3ds) you should then get your led diffusser and hinge lock placed and your 3ds should look like its together now. The last step is to set your 3ds to about 180 degress and push your barrel into the hinge lock.

This is the way i do it , if your barrel isnt the correct way to start with you might be to experiment with the angle of the hinge

Reactions: SmileCitrus

jigglesthefett

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mindofageek.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your advice. The issue I'm having is that it doesn't push into the rest of the lid, it doesn't want to push in at all, regardless of what position the lid is in. Is there a magical method to unlock it so it CAN push in? I already managed to get the ribbon cables threaded through the other side of the lid by rolling them up without taking the main frame of the case apart.

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thank you for your advice. The issue I'm having is that it doesn't push into the rest of the lid, it doesn't want to push in at all, regardless of what position the lid is in. Is there a magical method to unlock it so it CAN push in? I already managed to get the ribbon cables threaded through the other side of the lid by rolling them up without taking the main frame of the case apart.
Get 2 pairs of grips and spin the barrel so it slide easily threw the lid hinge, If the barrel is used it can be bent, ive had that before,
I can take a photo of a original one tomo night if you need it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1