Hacking Complete Noob - Future Games questions and what not

sideshowkrevis83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I just installed the emperor of Canada's pack for the gamma .3 backup launcher WITH IOS 249. Using searches and what not I got all of the information I need and I have successfully loaded 3 backups on my wii and even did one PAL without even knowing it lol.

I just have some questions that I can't seem to find concrete answers on. First of all, am I completely up to date as far as the backup launcher software? Are there newer/better versions of a backup launcher? I have been trying to get to the GBAtemp wiki to see the compatibility list for gamma will that be back up someday (I know about the compatibility thread)? Are there compatibility lists for cioscorp, riiskimod, softmii? Would I be better of with cioscorp riiskimod or soft mii for future release compatibility?

My main concern is playing future games, with games like the conduit, madden nfl 10 and then by christmas red steel 2 coming out I want to know if backing up those games should be possible with Gamma? (I mean more in general, I know there is no way of actually knowing until the game comes out). Is the best policy just to wait a few weeks on new releases to find out exactly how they work with gamma?

Lastly where can I stay up to date on any Gamma/ different backup launcher updates?

Thanks for the help guys, I have tried not to post on here as much as possible because I knew most questions I initially had I could find answers to, but these questions I just couldn't really find that easily.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
It's nice that you can admit you're a Noob..and guess what, we even have a Special Thread, only for you. Aren't we nice
smile.gif
? KLICK ME

Next time: Look and search, then post...

Now at your question...What do you think, that we can see in the Future? Nobody knows what Nintendo will do, if they shutdown the launchers, or if they put a new Code or something on the Disc, so you can't backup them. You gave the answer also by yourself...

WAIT AND SEE!!!

Also, I'm pretty shure that Gamma and SoftChip are dead, they won't be developed further. Main focuss is now on the USB-Launchers. Switch to them, wait, and see what happens...

This is currently at the top of my "Most-Useless Threads ever"-List...congratulations...
rolleyes.gif

franky86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamma 0.3 is pretty much the last release and hasn't been updated in months. it has a very high compatibility list. all my games(30-40 work on it)

the 'latest' in backup software is the usb launcher, it loads game ISO's directly from an external usb drive. this is better than disc backups because it can load them much faster. regular wii discs read at 6x, backups can only read at 3x, usb can read at 10-20 times faster, giving you faster 'load' times and, in some games, makies them run smoother overall.

we really can't tell what nintendo will do with future games, but the great hackers in the community can get over most hurdlers nintendo throws in any new games.

the best place to stay up to date is become a lurker here. =p

sideshowkrevis83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to the both of you, Sorry I will post in that noob thread thingy m jiggy from now on. I know to you this thread my be useless, but it did help me out a lot. Please have mercy on my mods and admins, I am just trying to become a part of this community. I apologize again.

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GRATE POST!!

lol, This sight is a grate place for new info there's just to many A holes here Hhuummp Blue-K..., but here is a sight I use for all the new downloads..
http://dl.qj.net/

Also...
"BE CAREFULL WHEN PLAYING A PAL GAME IF YOURE WII IS NTSC OR JPN THAY CAN INSTALL A UPDATE AND SIMI BRICK THE WII"!!! Always use brick blocker with you're games/ ISOs

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Blue-K said:
[...]
Also, I'm pretty shure that Gamma and SoftChip are dead, they won't be developed further. Main focuss is now on the USB-Launchers. Switch to them, wait, and see what happens...
[...]

Maybe Gamma isn't developed further by WiiGator, but surely the development of SoftChip isn't completely dead. I have to know this, i'm one of the developers.(Ok, the only "active" one for now)
You are one of the persons who don't understand that the usb loaders are the same as disc based backup launchers + telling the cIOS which iso to load + GUI, nothing more. All improvements that are made to backup launching in general will be implemented the same way for both disc based loaders and usb loaders.

QUOTE(franky86 @ May 9 2009, 05:58 PM) gamma 0.3 is pretty much the last release and hasn't been updated in months. it has a very high compatibility list. all my games(30-40 work on it)

the 'latest' in backup software is the usb launcher, it loads game ISO's directly from an external usb drive. this is better than disc backups because it can load them much faster. regular wii discs read at 6x, backups can only read at 3x, usb can read at 10-20 times faster, giving you faster 'load' times and, in some games, makies them run smoother overall.

we really can't tell what nintendo will do with future games, but the great hackers in the community can get over most hurdlers nintendo throws in any new games.

the best place to stay up to date is become a lurker here. =p

Hmm, as you say, maybe i should update Gamma again. Red Steel isn't working for it, but it should be easy to make it work like it was for SoftChip.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
oxMUDxo said:
GRATE POST!!

lol, This sight is a grate place for new info there's just to many A holes here Hhuummp Blue-K..., but here is a sight I use for all the new downloads..
http://dl.qj.net/

Also...
"BE CAREFULL WHEN PLAYING A PAL GAME IF YOURE WII IS NTSC OR JPN THAY CAN INSTALL A UPDATE AND SIMI BRICK THE WII"!!! Always use brick blocker with you're games/ ISOs
Well, maybe I'm sometimes an ashole, but I'm sick of thousands of posts which wouldn't exist if people would search (and I don't mean only him, there are many others)...you know why GBATemp is so slow? Because they are too many posts (at least the Admins said the site was faster after removing some old posts)...a clean forum would be so nice...

Anyways, I'm not here to say sorry, I want to add that you don't have to Brick Block your game if you're using Gamma/USB-Loader/SoftChip/GeckoOS (which is the case). These Apps automaticly jump over the Update-Partition, so it won't update.

@WiiPower: Shure I know this, I understand the little parts...I want to know what I'm installing and how it works...but SoftChip and Gamma are nearly finished, only some Games like Sam&Max (which still work via Rebooter/IOSpatching) could be done, and maybe a nice GUI. What else would be then missing? USBLoader is simply the Future, 6x (even a little bit more) Speed and no need for DVDs anymore...it's simply better...

sideshowkrevis83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I apologize again, I did look into the USB loader and it seems to me anyways that it is not even worth it. You have to do the same thing, burn games etc, and then wait for them to load onto your usb or hard drive PLUS you need to buy a usb drive with plenty of space to do all that I will stick to disks... F THAT I would rather just have slower load times it doesn't really bother me much.

sideshowkrevis83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
@WiiPower: Shure I know this, I understand the little parts...I want to know what I'm installing and how it works...but SoftChip and Gamma are nearly finished, only some Games like Sam&Max (which still work via Rebooter/IOSpatching) could be done, and maybe a nice GUI. What else would be then missing? USBLoader is simply the Future, 6x (even a little bit more) Speed and no DVDs anymore...

But wouldn't there be cause for a gamma update if nintendo starts using different things on their disks to prevent us from booting backups? Perhaps new IOS patching at least? USB loader may be the future, but at the end of the day it still uses a back up launcher at some point down the line, and that same backup launcher could potentially be used with disks as well correct?

Also you say no DVDs anymore, don't you need to put a disk into your wii and copy it to the USB drive?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
sideshowkrevis83 said:
Well I apologize again, I did look into the USB loader and it seems to me anyways that it is not even worth it. You have to do the same thing, burn games etc, and then wait for them to load onto your usb or hard drive PLUS you need to buy a usb drive with plenty of space to do all that I will stick to disks... F THAT I would rather just have slower load times it doesn't really bother me much.
Ok...last thing, and then I'm out of here, before some more bad things happen (falming/rant)...

1) You don't have to burn them..there are Apps (WBFS manager), with which you can transfer the ISOs directly to the HD
2) Loading is faster than via DVD-Loader

It's your decision if you want an USB-HD...I can say that I have 60 Games, and they need ~130GB..so a 320GB HD would be enough...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-