Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
redsn0w is the only way to go when it comes to jailbreaking 4.2.1 on an iPod touch. Though on newer models, it's limited to a tethered jailbreak.

heman110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to confirm that ipod touch 3G 32GB running 3.1.3 jailbreaked with spirit is in fact untethered in case somebody gets confused as i was. I rebooted a few time now just to make sure. Up and runnig. Thanks again for the help here and the great Guide! Maybe if i get bored ill try 4.1
grog.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
heman110 said:
I want to confirm that ipod touch 3G 32GB running 3.1.3 jailbreaked with spirit is in fact untethered in case somebody gets confused as i was. I rebooted a few time now just to make sure. Up and runnig. Thanks again for the help here and the great Guide! Maybe if i get bored ill try 4.1
grog.gif

If you have an iPod touch 3G, why not go onto iOS 4.1?
Since well....It;s not slow on your device.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yo peeps as read above, Ive bought myself a touch 4G(with latest firmware.) and well I wanna know what i need of all those tutorials.

I only know Redsn0w. Which more?

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dialexio said:
You should also know how to boot a tethered device, and perhaps backing up SHSHs on your computer. Have fun jailbreaking!
smile.gif

Means that I must connect to my pc to boot my iPod to use Ciddea? What if I don´t connect to my pc? Will it launch normal? And if I need to connect to my pc is plug in, boot, plug out?

Edit: I believe I found it. not very sure since my English is as broken as the hell.

Edit 2: Can I go back to basic after I do not want my jailbreak anymore? And will there stay any signs of it on my touch 4g? Will my warranty still be voided after that?

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Lightning said:
Means that I must connect to my pc to boot my iPod to use Ciddea? What if I don´t connect to my pc? Will it launch normal? And if I need to connect to my pc is plug in, boot, plug out?

Edit: I believe I found it. not very sure since my English is as broken as the hell.

Edit 2: Can I go back to basic after I do not want my jailbreak anymore? And will there stay any signs of it on my touch 4g? Will my warranty still be voided after that?
Depending on what you have installed, iOS may refuse to load Cydia/unsigned apps, or even hang at the Apple logo. You'll need to run redsn0w to boot it up when the device is connected.

Your warranty is technically void once you jailbreak, but you can always eliminate all jailbreak traces with a DFU restore (and not using a backup).

Son of Science said:
QUOTE(Sotoro @ Dec 19 2010, 12:47 PM) Still no jailbreak for ipod touch 4 and 4.2.1 right?
There is a tethered jailbreak available. An Untethered version will be available by christmas.
Not necessarily, but it is expected by then (or around that time).

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only one? You get full control of your device. All limitations put by Apple are removed, therefore you can do anything that your device can handle.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Accessing the file system, using SBsettings, using themes, a bunch of awesome tweaks for springboard (like graviboard, SBrotator and Iconoclasm), syncing with wifi, etc.
The possibilities are endless. And yes, free apps.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
metamaster said:
Accessing the file system. using SBsettings, using themes, a bunch of awesome tweaks for springboard (like graviboard, SBrotator and Iconoclasm), syncing with wifi, etc.

FREE APPS? Crap. thanks for the info!\\

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lightning said:
metamaster said:
Accessing the file system. using SBsettings, using themes, a bunch of awesome tweaks for springboard (like graviboard, SBrotator and Iconoclasm), syncing with wifi, etc.

FREE APPS? Crap. thanks for the info!\\

*ahem* This guide does not condone pirating apps in the App Store.

Now please stop talking about it.

kthxbai

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
The main thing is that the bootROM revision doesn't appear to have changed as it has with every other fix (for obvious reasons) and there hasn't been any model number change (which would be expected with a part replacement)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box]... +1