Homebrew Complete distaster

Lucern

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I am not an amazingly skilled homebrew... hacker? but I know a bit to get myself going. I've been working on this for several hours, searching the web and trying different things... that in turn probably made things worse, anyways this is my situation.

I was enjoying some Call of Duty: Black ops (A legit store-bought copy) on my Homebrew wii complete with Priiloader, CIOS rev20 and all the IOS trimmings, on a 4.1 menu.
Then suddenly it starts getting this error on Wifi 205625 Please visit the Wii shop channel.

So I go to the Wii shop channel and It doesn't work. So I search the internet for answers to this error and the only response I find is "I don't have Black ops on my wii".

So I look around and figure I gotta update my Wii. So I work to do it and finally get it to version 4.3.... bad Idea.

Now I'm stuck, I've got a lot of apps and whatnot, and the update didn't delete homebrew like I heard it would, and both the shop channel and Black ops still don't work... is there any help out there? (I know I've probably screwed up updating I don't wanna get bashed over it I need answers)

fuffy8181

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you still have the homebrew channel if you do get pimp my wii and then update everything once u get it post here and i will help u

Lucern

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I got it all installed though Cod still gives me the error, the shopping channel wont load and Priiloader refuses to instal

Lucern

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might have using priiloader, I think it was making the Wii reigon free, though if that's the case what program would I use to change it back?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
priiloader likely wont install because you dont have IOS80 patched....get a patched IOS80 from modmii

shop channel....you should be on the latest IOS56 and should have shop channel v20 (which should have come through the update)...but, you can get them from modmii as well and install them with MMM or YAWMM....

those probably wont install though unless you have cIOS236 as the update will likely have stubbed all your cIOS slots (but it's been known to leave 236 alone AFAIK)....HBC didn't get deleted as you must be on 1.0.8

what i would do....use modmii..., load MMM with 236, delete the cIOS stubs, install cIOS wads/patched IOS80/IOS56/ShopChannel v20, install priiloader and enable hacks for SM4.3.... or...if you prefer 4.2, instead of getting patched IOS80, get a patched IOS70 and SM4.2 wads....

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lucern said:
I might have using priiloader, I think it was making the Wii reigon free, though if that's the case what program would I use to change it back?

making the wii region free with a priiloader hack is different than installing an SM IOS for a different region.....

but to answer the question...just get a SM wad for your region and install it over the top using MMM or YAWMM.....

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lucern said:
Then suddenly it starts getting this error on Wifi 205625 Please visit the Wii shop channel.

the little bit of leg work i just did says it could be that you haven't accepted the user agreement to use the ShopChannel....so once you get that going, load it up just to accept the user agreement, then go back to CoD and it should download the patch that it's trying to.....hopefully that solves the issues....

Lucern

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the Shopping channel works, and I got all my Wads and stuff, and my region was set on Anguilla!? (when you send your Wii to Nintendo for repairs remember to check the settings ^^; ) Thanks guys you helped me a lot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.