Hacking Compiling WBFS on Mac OS X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Would it be possible to add support for FireWire? So we could connect the HDD over FireWire on the Mac, copy the images onto it and connect it over USB on the Wii. Would be really nice.

tps2d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1100101 said:
Would it be possible to add support for FireWire? So we could connect the HDD over FireWire on the Mac, copy the images onto it and connect it over USB on the Wii. Would be really nice.

It's already there. Does it not work?

OS X doesn't differentiate between USB/FireWire disk the way this program accesses the HD. It would definitely work on the command line version, I'd be surprised if it didn't work on the GUI as well.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Doesn't work for me.
frown.gif

OS X asks me if I want to ignore or initalize it, so OS X sees it but WBFS doesn't get it.

tps2d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1100101 said:
Doesn't work for me.
frown.gif

OS X asks me if I want to ignore or initalize it, so OS X sees it but WBFS doesn't get it.
Must be something to do with their auto-detection code.

The command line version should work if you want to give that a shot.

psinka

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
om_nous said:
Do you get a list of the games before you get that error, are you sure it's connecting to your drive when you plug it in?

Before you click "Add ISO" it should look something like this: (even though Add ISO should not be enabled unless the drive is connected)

If it does not connect to your drive then it is not formatted correctly, I chose not to deal with formatting drives for the simple fact I do not want to be responsible for people formatting the wrong drive and blaming us. (It will can re-format an already formatted wbfs drive)

If you have not done so yet you should plug your drive into the Wii, startup USB Launcher and format the drive... Copy a game to it then plug it into your mac and see what happens then.

Let me know,
- omi

I solve my problem!
My main system language is russian. I change it to english and reboot. And only after these everything start working...

Barbapapa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bug Report:

1. As mentioned earlier by someone, sometimes one game will be listed twice
2. I cannot for the love of God rename Animal Crossing (when I do, and eject the drive, renaming won't stick: it will still be Animal Crossing Wii)
3. I cannot rename Kung Fu Panda Legendary Warriors (when I do, and eject the drive, renaming won't stick: it will be called Kung Fu Panda (leaving me with two Kung Fu Panda entries, the movie game one and the legendary warriors game).

*all other games rename fine, but sometimes I do have to do it more than once (Sonic Secret Rings and Prince Of Persia also showed this behaviour but somehow did retain their renamed status after a few attemps, but Animal Crossing nor Legendary Warriors can be renamed).

Other than that: killer app. Seriously good work.

Tgrokz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got the wbfs binary that was posted before to work, but it says its going to take 2 and a half hours to put destroy all humans on my HDD. if SSBB took about an hour when i used the disk and transferred it via the usb loader, why would this be over twice the time when its half the size of smash bros?

i want to stop the transfer and just burn it then rip it, but is it possible to cancel it without screwing anything up?

tps2d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Command-period. It seems to work for me, but I'm not really sure if the file system handles partial installs well. It seems to just overwrite them all the times that i've done it.

encaputxat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
i can't download the app from wiki or here, bad link?
QUOTE said:
The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

fozzieb

Trophies
Website
www.caledonian-it.co.uk
XP
Country
is there a way on a mac to have a compressed folder to allow me to copy the iso of hard drive on to mac without it expanding a scrubbed game?

if you can and i do this can i burn that scrubbed game straight to dvd or do i need to unscrub it first?

cheers

tps2d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
encaputxat said:
Now link WORK thanks

But i can't conect my hard disk to imac intel white, and works with Wii... Any idea?

dontwork.jpg

Somebody mentioned they had to change their default language from Russian to English. Try setting your default language to English and restarting.

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
fozzieb said:
is there a way on a mac to have a compressed folder to allow me to copy the iso of hard drive on to mac without it expanding a scrubbed game?

if you can and i do this can i burn that scrubbed game straight to dvd or do i need to unscrub it first?

cheers
Sort of. You can make a a compressed DMG from a folder using the Disk Utility or an app called DMGConverter. Not as convenient as NTFS compression but it's usable. It would be great if WBFS could extract ISOs from your WBFS partition and convert them to compressed DMGs and also be able to upload and convert compressed DMGs on the fly - probably not possible though.

I was also thinking that if there was a way we could make sparse images that are also compressed - but googling comes up with nothing. Also not very probable.

Maybe some OSX gurus know better?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.