Hacking Compatibility with new EZFlash 3in1 Plus

mojuice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the end of December I bought a EZFlash 3in1 from DealExtreme and I received it about 2 weeks ago. I received the new "3in1Pls" version, as stated in GBA ExpLoader. With the newest version of GBA ExpLoader I can load Gameboy Advance games just fine, but no DS roms are able to recognize the 3in1's rumble or memory expansion features. Think there will ever be an update to the Edge software so that the new version of the 3in1 Expansion will work as it should?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There already is make sure you upgrade to the latest firmware. i believe they enabled that feature from firmware 1.41 and on. Just visit their website or GBAtemps download section

mojuice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the latest software, 1.42, and it does not work with the newest edition of the 3in1 from December that has a larger NOR memory space of 512.

Breyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
There already is make sure you upgrade to the latest firmware. i believe they enabled that feature from firmware 1.41 and on. Just visit their website or GBAtemps download section

You misunderstand.

There is a new hardware version of the EZ-Flash 3in1 shipping, called the EZ-Flash 3in1 Plus.

This is recognized by GBA Exploader 0.58b as stated by the OP and works fine for loading GBA games, but you can't access the menu to change it to Rumble/RAM modes.

The EDGE with current firmware (1.43) does not recognize the EZ-Flash 3in1 Plus.

xtinct84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Breyer said:
Maz7006 said:

You misunderstand.

There is a new hardware version of the EZ-Flash 3in1 shipping, called the EZ-Flash 3in1 Plus.

This is recognized by GBA Exploader 0.58b as stated by the OP and works fine for loading GBA games, but you can't access the menu to change it to Rumble/RAM modes.

The EDGE with current firmware (1.43) does not recognize the EZ-Flash 3in1 Plus.

Ahh, im in the same situation as the OP at the moment with my new EZ-Flash 3in1 Plus. I was getting worried when I kept seeing "A compatible Slot 2 device was not found" message when I attempted to boot from slot 2 with EDGE v1.42 settings and noticed the rumble function not working with my slot 1 DS applications.

Hope this gets resolved in firmware 1.44
unsure.gif
Otherwise I got a lemon slot-2 on my hands.

Wizard298

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using EDGE card firmware 1.43 with ez 3 in 1

Hey do you have the new ez 3 in 1? If so can you please do me a favor. I am using GBA Exploder 58b and I think it may be a bug or my 3 in 1 card is messed up.......

Boot up a rom in NOR mode for the first time or just load a different game. After it's done loading hit X to run the game and tell me if it boots up on the first try or not. If so try one more game and do the same and see if it boots up on the first try.

My problem is killing me cause I have too load it and after it's done loading I hit X and it just sits at the GBA screen. I have to shut it down and turn it back on and then run it from there and it works. The pain in the ass having to shut it down everyhtime I want to load up a new rom.
Loads perfectly fine after I reboot it once I can turn it back on and it will be 100% boot rate, until I change roms once I change roms I always have to shut it down and turn it back on to play frown.gif

PSRAM mode works just fine and loads first try everytime. Is this my card something wrong or what? I am using
Would greatly appreciate your help!

mojuice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My GBAexploder does the exact same thing as yours. At first the NOR game won't run but after a reboot it does.

Zolotor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Edge DS Firmware v1.44 has been released and is now compatible with the the new EZflash 3-in-1 Plus.

The rumble function is now working again, it was not working with v1.43.
Clean Opera Browser is also working again. (no need to patch anymore)
For GBA games you still need to load it via GBA Exploader v0.58b

Wizard298

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya, but how do you get the browser to work what do you need to get it to work?

You still need to reboot the system for the gba game to load, never get it to load on the first try.

I just tried it with the new update. Still doing it.

OpenHand

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, im new and I figured out how to get the ez 3in1 plus rumble to work with the cyclods evolution today

I researched it online, but didn't find anything,
. I got bored so I downloaded cyclo edit and I turned on GBa support and I got 0.58b for gba exploader and I got v1.54 Beta 3 I think for the firmware for cyclods evolution and I was putting in cheats and then when I started the games I vibrated a little. At first I thought was like an electric shock that got me but then I tryed it again and again and it worked. then I tried on a rumble-enabled game and I turned on and off rumble and it still worka dn then I played and it worked. In the website, teamcyclops said that it didn't seem to work, but i guess i proved them wrong. and I know I have the plus version because the chip motherbord thing is blue and not green

lolololololol

mojuice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of the 1.45 firmware, my Opera browser can load but rumble is not detected in Metroid Prime Hunters or Metroid Prime Pinball. Whenever rumble is enabled in the Edge settings and I select any game to play, I get a slight rumble before the game loads but rumble is greyed out in the 2 Metroid games I wish to use it in, so I assume it doesn't work at all.

barf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me too, I get the very short rumble at the very beginning of the game (Metroid Prime Pinball) but the rumble function Off and grayed out in the options menu.

EZFlash 3 in 1 is the new plus version - blue board and using lastest Edge Firmware (v1.45)

Does anyone have rumble working with the new EZFlash?

Dueler

Trophies
Website
dueler.blogspot.com
XP
Country
My 3in1+ works perfectly fine with edge.
It's just REALLY REALLY REALLY Friggen bad, the rumble signals or whatever the edge sends are friggen horrendous, the 3in1+ rumble worked much better in my R4.
Its making me want to geta different flash cart its that horrible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM