Hacking Compatibility issues?

WhyteWynd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm thinking of getting an EZ4 Lite, except I hear there are compatibility issues? I don't really want the G6 because you're stuck with just 512 mb. But yeah, are there actually a lot of issues, or am I just mixing up posts?

Also, what's the running price for one of these things?

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Then look into the other SD card based carts like the M3 and the Supercard.

It depends on if you care more about GBA or DS roms, the EZIV is good for GBA games and only slightly worse than the M3 or the SC at DS roms.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Compatibilty list: http://www.ezflash.cn/list.asp
GBA, the problem roms aside (classic nes and some DBZ titles) they work great.
Homebrew wise, a fair bit of homebrew is built to take advantage of the SD/CF memory cards of the SC/M3 so you may come unstuck here (some homebrew is built for the EZ4 (moonshell is one of these) but not much, a lot more is built for flashcards).

Price wise I would say have a look at the dealers list here on GBAtemp but Gamersection.ca has them at $70 Canadian.

In all truth though any of the big 4 carts (SC/M3/EZ/G6) will perform well and ultimately do what you want although if you are very serious about GBA then the supercard will probably not suit you.

WhyteWynd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm well, the reason I'm looking at the EZ4 is because it sits flush (or close enough, anyway) inside the DS Lite.

Oh, and homebrew being movies, music, etc. Or emulation included? Or do I have the two mixed up?

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So G6 is out of the question. You've got 2 choices: EZflashIVlite or Supercard Lite.

I think cosmetically, both are the almost same. Supercard has cheap plastic and the split line between the 2 halves of the case and the little black hole for front loading is bad looking BUT flush. EzflashIV lite, cheap plastic, screw in the middle and not flush (but not noticible).

When I bought my EzflashIV lite, I thought the non-flush-ness will bother me but it hasn't. In fact, i didn't even notice it there compared to the 1.5cm stick out of M3 mini SD (which I preciously owned).

So now it comes to function:
if u want a library of 4000 GBA games and 500 NDS games, movies, mp3s (but lack of homebrew) go for EZflash lite [bad part is that 3 DS games have longer loading time, example: loading songs in ouendan, lag in castlevania intro, loading time in between buildings in animal crossing. BUT all gameplay is normal speed, just in between areas where there's loading]

If u want library of 500 NDS games, movies, mp3s, homebrew go for Supercard Lite [bad part is that some GBA games slow down (not sure what proportion)]

Since I have EZflash lite right now, I do feel that I'd like a supercard if I have the money so i can play the 3 games with no loading time, but i do not want to sacrafice the GBA games since there's quite a lot! Every GBA game I tested (old or just released) worked.

If you want the best of both worlds tho, wait for M3. Not sure if they will only have professional version (non-gba)... maybe they will have M3 micro SD perfect (gba + NDS) but it'll cost you big bucks.

When it comes down to price:
both are around the same.

Another thing to keep in mind (but superficial):
you can skin the EZflash NDS and GBA loader (both screens on DS loader can be skinned) whereas Supercard cannot be skinned and M3 can only skin on 1 screen (other is shut off).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.