Compatibility issue with Cirka brand Gamecube controller and Dios Mios

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Duckuss_Maxximo, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Duckuss_Maxximo
    OP

Duckuss_Maxximo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2012
    United States
    I just recently purchased a Cirka brand GC controller (y'know the one's that look close to the real deal minus the nintendo logo) from Amazon and it works fine with all my emulators, wiiware, and other Wii compatible games but for some reason everytime I try to use it with Dios Mios the R trigger is unresponsive. I can't crouch on Wind Waker. I can use the water cannon on Sunshine. Nothing. I know it's not the controller itself as it works fine with other games/programs.
    The controller I used before was a Gameshark wireless controller that I got second-hand from a local odds and ends store. The directional joystick wandered too much though and the wires for the battery pack have since come undone from me repeatedly trying to fix the joystick. I can't recall if I had the R trigger problem then though. I was just glad to get DM working. (I didn't have a memory card then either so I didn't mess with it much)

So I need to figure out how to resolve this issue. I'm using Dios Mios 2.10 (real NAND idk what NEEK DI is so I didn't mess with it). Not DML. And I am not using any USB loader of any sort either (is there any specific reason to do so? I just felt it wasn't essential so I cut out the middle man so to speak) otherwise I think I have everything set up properly. I installed the DM wad and have a forwarder to the program. I also have DM Booter installed. The games load fine as well. I have full access of controls minus the R trigger. I haven't updated any of it since I first set it up. I have other stuff saved on the USB drive as well such as my roms. Does anyone have one of these controllers that uses DM and if so could you guide me on how to properly setup DM? I'll start from scratch if necessary.

2. Duckuss_Maxximo
    OP

Duckuss_Maxximo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2012
    United States
    Ok I just tried DM Booter via Homebrew Channel and I can now use R trigger to crouch on Wind Waker no problem! So it must be an issue with the forwarder I'm using? Is there an official DM Booter channel wad out there? The one I'm using is DM Booter Forwarder Dark - DMLF that I got from this thread on GBATemp: http://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-g...ection-for-system-menu-backup-loaders.325003/

Also as a side note I don't know if it made a difference but I read somewhere to plug in the GC controller AFTER Dios Mios is launched. Either way it works so I hope this helps anyone else out there who might run into the same problem.