Compatibility Check

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've only just that one out myself (and posted a quick how to it in the faq).

Not sure if the url is public, but here you go :
https://checkmydeck.herokuapp.com/users/76561198041457591/library

As of writing (16/2) : 8% (61 verified /42 playable /3 unsupported /1193 untested)

Edit 18/2: now 67/43/9/1181 (9% playable)

Edit 22/2: now 83/56/13/1148 (11%)

Edit 26/2: now 95/74/20/1111 (13%)

Edit 5/3: now 115 / 89 / 59 /1037 (16%)

EDIT 9/3: now 128/102/67/1003 (18%)
(note: I'll be adding some more games to my library soon...provided they're likely matches for linux)

EDIT 10/3: now 138/104/71/1017 (18%)

Edit 30/3: now 210 / 167 / 96 / 938 (27%)

Plenty of those 100 to reduce my backlog, and it can only get better. :D

Last edited by Taleweaver,

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Haha i thought i had a backlog, my total game count is about 50, im at 22% playability. I really hope I'll be in the first wave of orders, dont know how long i can keep checking steam deck news 😄

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
9% for me. I was hoping it would be close to 90% by the time it released but I think they are gonna be way off.
Depending on your library, that might very well be. I'm running Linux, and I see plenty of games that work fine on my pc still on the unchecked list. It's just a massive task going through all games, that's all (to be fair, i didn't think they'd do it before launch,but ey... Good news :)).

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's not working for me, says my custom URL is "invalid" for the Steam ID lookup. Like, is there any way to reset the URL to the numbers or not?

Edit: Turns out I have to delete my custom URL. I don't ever remember making one.

Edit: Nope, not working

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah, it's not working for me, says my custom URL is "invalid" for the Steam ID lookup. Like, is there any way to reset the URL to the numbers or not?

Edit: Turns out I have to delete my custom URL. I don't ever remember making one.

Edit: Nope, not working

You can check it now in steam's store. Just log in to steam and go to the following link:

https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck/mygames

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
By the way...am I the only one finding the priorities of testing a bit...odd?

I've got to be honest and my notes below are cherrypicked (meaning: it's reasonable and understandable for about 80-90% of the titles), but still...when I checked my own compatibility listings, I noticed (among others) the following:

TESTED (and working/playable):
guacamelee 2 (first one isn't tested)
portal 2 (first one isn't tested)
Half-life 2 (first one or DLC for either 1 or 2 still untested)
CSD 3 (1 and 2 still untested)
shenzen I/O (this is a programming game that's completely mouse driven and involves flipping through actual manuals...hardly one would run "on the go")
carcassonne (great game, but...there's a billion mobile devices playing this equally well)
C&C remastered (yeah, that'll work great on the go :P )
obduction (the...very last of the myst series? A few days later realmyst was confirmed as well, but everything inbetween is still untested)
steamworld heist and quest (...but steamworld dig isn't)
them's fighting herds (yeah! anime fighting game really SHOULD be tested over ultra street fighter IV! :P )
mad games tycoon (not played this, but sounds like a mosty mouse driven game)
sakura dungeon (erm...I have no idea how that ended up in my library. But ey...that'll be great for playing in bed :tpi: )

UNTESTED:
Bastion & Braid (okay, okay: and quite a lot of other indie classics
Batman Arkham asylum & city
beyond good & evil
Max Payne (classic)
Cave story
dark souls
Any GTA games
Counter-strike
Resident evil
Walking dead telltale games
Witcher 1 & 2

In the unsupported department, it's mostly book of demons that strikes me as odd...because I've played it for hours on my linux rig (mint) without issues. It's not exactly a good fit for the deck (it's very mouse-driven), but weird that it falls in this category...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can check it now in steam's store. Just log in to steam and go to the following link:

https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck/mygames

There's a bug on Steam itself, even if you delete the custom URL, it reverts to the default on temporarily. But when you go back, it resets to the custom URL. Why they don't fix this is beyond me, that said, 25% or so of the games are fully compatible, supposedly.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Steam Finally had its own page to look up compatibility but I still like the Simple Number Chart:
Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 11.08.28 AM.png

I need more TITLES!!!

Reactions: onibaku

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
IGN just did us a big favour by posting about the compatibility checker. In the comments, many people are claiming they will cancel preorders due to the low number of verified games :tpi:

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I’m worried that Steam deck will be halted after the initial batches because of possible war of Russia vs everyone (-minus China)

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Now I’m worried that Steam deck will be halted after the initial batches because of possible war of Russia vs everyone (-minus China)

Yeah i had the same thought.. dont think it should be affected right now but it very well may affect later orders, depending on how the situation unfolds. I struggle to see a positive outcome for Europe (or world), unless everyone turns a blind eye. Hoping that I'll be in the first wave of orders, just in case. I also hope that there will be a resolution for the more important issue..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: