Hacking Common acekard questions

bowlofspiders

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to my tutorial on the acekard 2.
This will explain some questions you might have
about the acekard.
Download links:

Download 1
Download 2

--------------------

Q: What is an acekard?
A: The acekard 2 is a nintendo ds flash card made for you to be able to play homebrew games and real nintendo ds games such as metroid. It can also play music and video's and read .txt files if you use AKAIO. The Acekard has been in the world before the R4DS came out. And it has the best stinking GUI I've ever seen and has nice updates to it. People always ask the question, "Should I get an acekard 2 or an R4?" The answer is, Acekard 2, because the acekard team is still intact, but the R4 team has disbanded. Also, the R4 doesn't receive anymore updates cause the R4 team is no more. The last firmware was made well over a year ago. Every R4 ds that is out is a ver well made CLONE. The originals only exist with people who bought them a couple years back. So if your looking for a ds flashcart, get an Acekard 2.

Q: When I download a .sav file for one of my games and it doesn't work, what should I do?
A: Either the .sav file isn't named exactly as the name of the rom OR you don't have the settings set to read .sav files.
.sav files are now compatible with the official acekard firmware.

Q: How do I set the whole thing up?
A: If you download the official firmware, or AKAIO, first you need to extract the file you downloaded. You can use windows built-in zipping feature to do it if it is in a .zip format. Otherwise, google winrar and download that and install. Once everything is extracted, you should have three folders, readme, __aio and or __ak2, and akmenua.nds. What you need to do is drag the __ak2 or __aio and the akmenu.nds folder to the root of your microSD (the root is the first window that opens up) When you have that done, just pop it in and play.

Q: How do I add games/roms?
A: Easy, just drag and drop the game/rom unto the root of the memory card. Or into a folder on the root of the memory card. Either one.

Q:How do I add themes?
A: First, you need to download them. You can find them on the official acekard website, or right here in gbatemp. Just go to Download> Themes> Other themes> and the acekard themes will be the first ones you see. Once you download them, put your microSD into your computer and open it up. Go into the __ak2 or __aio folder and look for a ui folder and go into it. Extract the theme and drag and drop it into the ui folder. I think the official firmware has a themes folder (correct me if I'm wrong)

Q: Why can't I view .txt documents or play .mp3 files?
A: Your not using AKAIO

Q: How do I add cheats?
A: You need to download a cheat file first, you can find the best cheat folder here
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=84991
Download one of those. Now plug your microSD in and go into the __aio or __ak2 folder and drag the cheat folder you downloaded into the cheat folder on your microSD. Now boot up your acekard and select the cheat folder you download from the start> system options> deafult patch options and select the cheat database.

Q: Where can I get an acekard?
A:
http://www.dealextreme.com (trusted by me)
http://www.realhotstuff.com (trusted by me)
All other sites can be found here.
http://www.acekard.com/distributors.php

Q: Will all games/roms work on acekard?
A: Yes they will.

Q: Can you watch video's?
A: You can with a program called MoonShell. Download available on the acekard official website

Q: What format do the video's need to be?
A: .dpg format

Do you have anymore things you want answered? Post it here
Last updated 2/27/09
Made by somerandomguyO_O off of www.gbatemp.net
Do not claim as your own.

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice FAQ but I'm assuming more stuff will be added 'cause its a bit on the short side for a FAQ.
smile.gif

yay.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
somerandomguyO_O said:
A:www.dealextreme..com
www.realhotstuff.com
Just something about the bolded part. Not only there, there are other sites such as KickGaming or GamerSection for Canadians. And HyperLinking them might be easier for people so they just click onto them.

Other than that, good FAQ.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Splych said:
somerandomguyO_O said:
www.realhotstuff.com
Just something about the bolded part. Not only there, there are other sites such as KickGaming or GamerSection for Canadians. And HyperLinking them might be easier for people so they just click onto them.

Why not just list http://www.acekard.com/distributors.php as it saves you having too list 100's of sites selling it.

bowlofspiders

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
somerandomguyO_O said:
www.realhotstuff.com

Good idea. And thanks.
gbasp.gif

Why not just list http://www.acekard.com/distributors.php as it saves you having too list 100's of sites selling it.
Taken care of.
gbasp.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Acekard site says that as of 4.14, if you want to use multi-save you have to use filename.nds.sav, but if you don't use multisave, you should use filename.sav:

QUOTE said:
Support save files which end with ".sav". Notice: If there're ".sav" file and ".nds.sav" files in the same folders, the ".sav" one will be used. And you can't use multi-save file system in this case. If you want to use multi-save file system please modify your ".sav" file to ".nds.sav".
For example: The name of game is "myndsgame.nds". Then you can use save file of "myndsgame.sav". If you want to use multi-save file system then please modify the save file to "myndsgame.nds.sav".

-Bri

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
bri: thanks for digging up the official post about the .sav vs. .nds.sav.

UltraMagnus said:
it would be helpful to add a section on how to add the official loader on akaio, it will often work on games that the akaio loader has problems with

this info is in the akaio wiki. also if you would be so kind as to submit a list of what games don't work, so norm can take a look. as of the 1.4.1v3 loader we are unaware of non working games. norm has fixed everything submitted to the bugdar, many of which do not work on the official loader.

feel free to join the irc chan and type out a list of games, or submit them to the bugdar.

cheers,

-another world

ny888

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
somerandomguyO_O said:
A: Easy, just drag and drop the game/rom unto the root of the memory card. Or into a file on the root of the memory card. Either one.

Do you mean - Or into a folder on the root of the memory card ?

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
bri: thanks for digging up the official post about the .sav vs. .nds.sav.

UltraMagnus said:
it would be helpful to add a section on how to add the official loader on akaio, it will often work on games that the akaio loader has problems with

this info is in the akaio wiki. also if you would be so kind as to submit a list of what games don't work, so norm can take a look. as of the 1.4.1v3 loader we are unaware of non working games. norm has fixed everything submitted to the bugdar, many of which do not work on the official loader.

feel free to join the irc chan and type out a list of games, or submit them to the bugdar.

cheers,

-another world
I did post about one game that crashed in the akaio 1.4 thread. the other two are minor issues. I will see to reporting them to "bugdar".

I realise the information is in the wiki, but it is evident by just looking down this sub-forum that people often do not read that

bowlofspiders

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ny888 said:
somerandomguyO_O said:
A: Easy, just drag and drop the game/rom unto the root of the memory card. Or into a file on the root of the memory card. Either one.

Do you mean - Or into a folder on the root of the memory card ?

Thanks for the typo correction.
gbasp.gif

.sav files work on the acekard

Thanks again another world.
gbasp.gif

Geniepr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just received my second card on Friday and when I went to put the microSD it was spit out like 3 times until it finally grabbed it, then today I was adding some games in the card and when I tried re-inserting the card had the same problem but this time in my second try it is not grabbing the microSD at all. Any ideas was wrong? Is there any way I can get this card replaced? I rather fix it myself if its possible before having to send it back. argh
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff