Homebrew Commercial ROM Loading with MoonShell 2 & YSMenu Guide

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I dunno as I don't have a R4-iii but according to RTAgent5 its and Acekard RPG clone so you can try the Acekard method and see what happens unless the R4-iii Upgrade is just and Acekard RPG clone
unsure.gif

callmemitchs

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, first post.

Can someone try to help me get Commercial ROM Loading with MoonShell 2 & YSMenu working on my R4Ultra? It is an R4 clone i bought from dealextreme.

I'm running the latest firmware from linFox Domain: R4Ultra_v1.54_English, as well as Moonshell 2.05 stable.

I've tried following the tutorial in the first post, using the R4 instructions. However, at the end my card would get stuck on "Loading..." as if I'd installed the wrong firmware. Also, at no point did I come across a file named "moonshl2_DirectBoot.nds".
I know that there is another tutorial for R4 clones, but I didn't try it because my firmware doesn't have anything with "tt" in the filename, only "_SYSTEM_", "_MOONSHL", "_DS_MENU.DAT", "_DS_MENU.INI", AND "_DS_MOONSHL.NDS".

At the moment I still boot Moonshell from the original firmware. When I click on a commercial rom, it appears that YSMenu kicks in, but I get the error:
Yasu Software - YSMenu
http://www.usay.jp/
build: YASU Mar 21 2009 16:44:45
Error: can't fatInitDefault

I can load YSMenu from the firmware, however it won't boot commercial roms. Then I get the error:
ERROR
UNKNOWN_DLDI_TYPE
BTN_OK

Can anyone help with any/all of these issues? I've looked around a bit and I haven't come across anyone who has gotten this working on an R4Ultra...

Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted-119707

callmemitchs said:
Hi, first post.

Can someone try to help me get Commercial ROM Loading with MoonShell 2 & YSMenu working on my R4Ultra? It is an R4 clone i bought from dealextreme.

I'm running the latest firmware from linFox Domain: R4Ultra_v1.54_English, as well as Moonshell 2.05 stable.

I've tried following the tutorial in the first post, using the R4 instructions. However, at the end my card would get stuck on "Loading..." as if I'd installed the wrong firmware. Also, at no point did I come across a file named "moonshl2_DirectBoot.nds".
I know that there is another tutorial for R4 clones, but I didn't try it because my firmware doesn't have anything with "tt" in the filename, only "_SYSTEM_", "_MOONSHL", "_DS_MENU.DAT", "_DS_MENU.INI", AND "_DS_MOONSHL.NDS".

At the moment I still boot Moonshell from the original firmware. When I click on a commercial rom, it appears that YSMenu kicks in, but I get the error:
Yasu Software - YSMenu
http://www.usay.jp/
build: YASU Mar 21 2009 16:44:45
Error: can't fatInitDefault

I can load YSMenu from the firmware, however it won't boot commercial roms. Then I get the error:
ERROR
UNKNOWN_DLDI_TYPE
BTN_OK

Can anyone help with any/all of these issues? I've looked around a bit and I haven't come across anyone who has gotten this working on an R4Ultra...

Thanks in advance.

im not really sure if ysmenu can work on clones... dont quote me on that though... im still trying to find out how to get it on my R4SDHC i won in the photo snapping competition XD.i had the same unknown dldi type error. but it runs ysmenu.

perhaps reading the r4ysauto thread? there might be something about clones.

WiseSalesman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone other than the OP managed to get soft reset working with this method on a DSTT? I followed all of these instructions in the original guide to the best of my ability, and it works great, but I can't soft reset even though the guide says I should be able to do so. Any suggestions on how to get that working? It'd be more convenient and, I would think, easier on the battery than turning it on and off all the time.

I looked through most of this thread, and couldn't find an answer. 28 pages is a lot, though, so I may have missed one. Sorry if this has been asked and answered somewhere.

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I can't get soft reset to work, either.

I tried using Linoul's loader, didn't work.

I put my TTMENU.DAT file and renamed it to TTMENU.NDS so I could boot it manually, partially works but doesn't load anything.

So.. I don't know what to do.

GenesisX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
benjaminlibl said:

I put my TTMENU.DAT file and renamed it to TTMENU.NDS so I could boot it manually, partially works but doesn't load anything.

i don't get why you don't just turn off your ds and turn it on again..

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
GenesisX said:
benjaminlibl said:

i don't get why you don't just turn off your ds and turn it on again..
Exactly, you're not getting it. I want to be able to access the TTMenu, but I CAN'T at all, since I'm booting up Moonshell 2 as the default. My "exit to menu" option just reloads Moonshell 2 again.

pwarsknightsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey is anyone having problems running FFCC:EOT? I followed the instruction exactly for my r4, but that rom wouldn't run. Kirby susperstar and GTA:chinatown runs perfectly fine, but FFCC wont. Anyone got a solution?

MasterTime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have two questions i hope someone can help me.

First - Anyone have problems in playing a translation version of Ultimate Jump Stars?
Second - If i updade my nintendoDSi to firmware 1.4, thel Moonshell 2 with YSMenu will boot?

Thx

HoTsHoT89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Just to ask, does anyone have any problems loading homebrew with YSMenu? A few homebrew tends to lock up at the loading bar.

D

Deleted-119707

nice guide. when i load a game, i get a grey and a black screen. its normal i know. and the bar which tells you how far it has loaded. is there a way to put a picture on while its loading instead of the boring onld grey and black screens?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: