Coming Updates Questions...

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Skeet1983, Jan 23, 2013.

Jan 23, 2013
  1. Skeet1983
    OP

Member Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Nintendo had some big news today, one of which will be new OS updates for the Wii U soon. I am wondering if the wii u mode can still be hacked and if the current stuff I have for WiiMode such as Gecko OS can still be used after the future updates. Any thoughts on this?

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    ... how the hell are we supposed to know?

Nurio likes this.
  3. julialy

Member julialy Homebrewer

United States
    yeah...
    we don't even have a time machine...

But still, watch out mimtendo might surprise us

4. Maxternal

Member Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Costa Rica
    It's not likely that Nintendo will be able to block a hack that hasn't been released yet since they can't actually take a look at it.
    If they were able to so easily find it and fix it without a released hack to look at they would have already done so before releasing the Wii U in the first place.

The worst I could happen is if they do something to block vWii hacking ... (if they really care that much about it)
    If you're REALLY worried about it just turn off your Internet and see wait and see a few days after it's released if anyone is complaining about Ninty robbing their hax. (especially someone like Fail0verflow.) If no one complains go ahead and update after a few days then.

5. Skeet1983
    OP

Member Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Can I disable internet in vWii mode, but not internet for Wii U mode? If so, how do I go about disabling it?

6. mike333

Member mike333 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Poland
    [​IMG]

7. The Real Jdbye

Member The Real Jdbye D:

Norway
    I think you can do this with Settings Editor GUI but changing the settings on the Wii U will probably revert the changes you made in Settings Editor GUI.

8. Ray Lewis

Banned Ray Lewis Banned

United States
    I would disable on your router. Tell Wii U to connect to it and THEN block internet access on the router. This is ONLY my IDEA. Being paranoid I thought this would keep Wii U from possibly checking on other connections (I don't know everything about it). About updates, nobody outside of Fail0verflow has any idea about the hack, exploit, etc. Nobody outside of that group knows of any release plans either. There is no information to go on. Being paranoid, I would unplug Wii U when not using it, AND block internet access via router (different settings can do this).