1. piratesmack

piratesmack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Damn, guess my SDHC card doesn't work with brawl [​IMG]

2. Sachka

Sachka GBAtemp Regular

France
    You think? have you already tried this exploit with a 1.02 dump of brawl?

3. Dialexio

Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    When was this exploit fixed? If you're referring to the 1.02 dump, it's probably just a redump of the same Brawl we're familiar with. If it isn't a redump, it probably just has bugs like Giga Jigglypuff fixed.

Besides, Nintendo never pressed a version of Twilight Princess that patched the Twilight Hack.

4. s3phir0th115

s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    There wouldn't be much sense at all in dumping the same game over unless there was a new version available. And again, this dump was available a good deal after comex announced that he found an exploit. Nintendo had plenty of time and reason to fix it.

The only reason the Twilight hack wasn't fixed in future presses of the game was due to being able to block it out in the system menu. (Yes, Nintendo sucked and fucked it up a few times, but they finally fixed it after a few tries.) Since the Brawl exploit wouldn't be patchable in the system menu, and the game is very popular (top game for the system on several sites), it would only make sense for them to add in a fix for the exploit along with whatever other bugs they're fixing in a future press.

5. sonicflash12

sonicflash12 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Now so many pple can unbrick thier wii, thank you

6. Slowking

Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    mäh. He really should have waited for Nintendo to fix bannerbomb, but I guess it's a good day for users with bannerbricks that don't have preloader. ^^

7. comex

comex Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    1.02 does not contain a fix, though I didn't test to see if the same file works

8. s3phir0th115

s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Really? Quite strange of them not too...

I guess they're not as swift about these things as their competitors. When a firmware exploit is found on the PSP, for example, they have it patched within days. Bannerbomb has been working for a good while now with no fixes from Nintendo for it. (4.1 would have been a good chance to kill it, but they have yet to.)

Oh well. What will work will work. I'm thinking the only way they can counter this is to release a fixed press of the game. So I guess we'll be safe with this.

9. Gunfreak11

Gunfreak11 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, he should have waited for bannerbomb to be patched, onlt release it on the same day. That would be a huge LOLOWNT! to Nintendo. Image Iwata's face if he were to hear the news.

New exploit released allowing NTSC Brawl players to modify their Wii's within 5 minutes after 4.2u becomes available, an update that prevents the use of Bannerbomb. OUCH!

I would't doubt that Comex has other exploits to use BB as well...

10. djda

djda GBAtemp Regular

Barbados
  11. mercluke

mercluke ‮҉

sweet, hopefully as ninty can't patch games this exploit will be a little harder to fix [​IMG]

12. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Yes, they will fix it. But there are already tons of used copies at gamestop or ebgames or software etc... whetever store is near you. If you go look for it a couple of paydays from now (allowing time to save the money) you'll still be able to get an old copy.

13. 25164963

25164963 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

anyone know when the pal version is going to be released

14. Yyhhggtt

Yyhhggtt GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    ask comex. lol i missed so much in the past week.

15. Eon-Rider

Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

I don't think the 1.02 disc fixed any glitches. All glitches would have to remain to prevent desynching from happening online.

16. Bloodlust

Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    Anyone can help? I managed to launch the exploit but everytime it says about "boot.elf" not being found. I already tried both boot & elf on the root of the SD card. No luck [​IMG]

17. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

you need the Hackmii Installer on the root of the sd card which is called boot.elf if not then rename it to boot.elf.........

P.S, why not just use bannerbomb to install HBC

18. Bloodlust

Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    Ok, do you mean it must be the original elf file and not dol renamed to elf for hackmii?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - smashstack, released, public