Hacking comex released smashstack to the public!

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, guess my SDHC card doesn't work with brawl
frown.gif

Sachka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
s3phir0th115 said:
zektor said:
I don't get why this was released now (whilst bannerbomb is still functional), but it is nice to see an alternative method. Just hope Nintendo doesn't patch both of them now with an update.

I don't know why comex even announced that he found a bug in Brawl to start with while Bannerbomb was still functional. Thanks to him announcing it, Nintendo has now fixed this exploit in the current press of Brawl.

I really don't see his logic here.

You think? have you already tried this exploit with a 1.02 dump of brawl?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
zektor said:
I don't get why this was released now (whilst bannerbomb is still functional), but it is nice to see an alternative method. Just hope Nintendo doesn't patch both of them now with an update.

I don't know why comex even announced that he found a bug in Brawl to start with while Bannerbomb was still functional. Thanks to him announcing it, Nintendo has now fixed this exploit in the current press of Brawl.

When was this exploit fixed? If you're referring to the 1.02 dump, it's probably just a redump of the same Brawl we're familiar with. If it isn't a redump, it probably just has bugs like Giga Jigglypuff fixed.

Besides, Nintendo never pressed a version of Twilight Princess that patched the Twilight Hack.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sachka said:
You think? have you already tried this exploit with a 1.02 dump of brawl?

I would suspect so. I mean you tell me. If the exploit method is made public, then a new press of Brawl comes, it would make sense that it's patched. It happened with Sony with GTA: Liberty City Stories on the PSP, Microsoft with Splinter Cell, etc. I could go on. Either way, it's not at all unheard of to patch exploits this way.

QUOTEWhen was this exploit fixed? If you're referring to the 1.02 dump, it's probably just a redump of the same Brawl we're familiar with. If it isn't a redump, it probably just has bugs like Giga Jigglypuff fixed.

Besides, Nintendo never pressed a version of Twilight Princess that patched the Twilight Hack.

There wouldn't be much sense at all in dumping the same game over unless there was a new version available. And again, this dump was available a good deal after comex announced that he found an exploit. Nintendo had plenty of time and reason to fix it.

The only reason the Twilight hack wasn't fixed in future presses of the game was due to being able to block it out in the system menu. (Yes, Nintendo sucked and fucked it up a few times, but they finally fixed it after a few tries.) Since the Brawl exploit wouldn't be patchable in the system menu, and the game is very popular (top game for the system on several sites), it would only make sense for them to add in a fix for the exploit along with whatever other bugs they're fixing in a future press.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
mäh. He really should have waited for Nintendo to fix bannerbomb, but I guess it's a good day for users with bannerbricks that don't have preloader. ^^

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
comex said:
1.02 does not contain a fix, though I didn't test to see if the same file works

Really? Quite strange of them not too...

I guess they're not as swift about these things as their competitors. When a firmware exploit is found on the PSP, for example, they have it patched within days. Bannerbomb has been working for a good while now with no fixes from Nintendo for it. (4.1 would have been a good chance to kill it, but they have yet to.)

Oh well. What will work will work. I'm thinking the only way they can counter this is to release a fixed press of the game. So I guess we'll be safe with this.

Gunfreak11

Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, he should have waited for bannerbomb to be patched, onlt release it on the same day. That would be a huge LOLOWNT! to Nintendo. Image Iwata's face if he were to hear the news.

New exploit released allowing NTSC Brawl players to modify their Wii's within 5 minutes after 4.2u becomes available, an update that prevents the use of Bannerbomb. OUCH!

I would't doubt that Comex has other exploits to use BB as well...

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, they will fix it. But there are already tons of used copies at gamestop or ebgames or software etc... whetever store is near you. If you go look for it a couple of paydays from now (allowing time to save the money) you'll still be able to get an old copy.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Dialexio said:
s3phir0th115 said:
zektor said:

When was this exploit fixed? If you're referring to the 1.02 dump, it's probably just a redump of the same Brawl we're familiar with. If it isn't a redump, it probably just has bugs like Giga Jigglypuff fixed.

I don't think the 1.02 disc fixed any glitches. All glitches would have to remain to prevent desynching from happening online.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Anyone can help? I managed to launch the exploit but everytime it says about "boot.elf" not being found. I already tried both boot & elf on the root of the SD card. No luck
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn