Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I was looking at some pics of the insides of the DSi and saw this:
slot1slot2.png

I was wondering if these are the same as the COM ports on a PC, if so can we use these to hook the DSi up to a pc and then download every thing off the DSi(manely firmware) and figure out how the DSi runs?

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
No. Why would Nintendo leave that there? Seriously, they already have acess to the hardware. It stands for another thing.

Sorry dude, just give up. Everyone who thinks they can help with the DSi cracking should just realise that , unless they've had years and years of experience with coding or screwing with PCBs, they have absolutely no hope of finding anything useful that hasn't already been found.

Sorry, but the truth hurts.

Van_Xan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@fearofshorts
I hate to break this to you, but I have the years of experience with coding/hacking/cracking, I'm just starting to get into console hacking so I dont know all the ups and downs yet. The reason I'm not working on cracking the software is cuz I dont know anything about it, thats why I'm just looking at the hardware right now, to see if I can find a way to dump the firmware so I can start learning and cracking it.

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh. Sorry, but I thought you might have been just another wannabe. No offense intended. I don't know too much about the hardware side of this and I just thought that you were another over-eager user, trying to become a hero.

But haven't they (twiiser) already dumped some of the memory, and are trying to figure out how to decode it? Or am I just getting majorly confused?

aneotoena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Van_Xan said:
@fearofshorts
I hate to break this to you, but I have the years of experience with coding/hacking/cracking, I'm just starting to get into console hacking so I dont know all the ups and downs yet. The reason I'm not working on cracking the software is cuz I dont know anything about it, thats why I'm just looking at the hardware right now, to see if I can find a way to dump the firmware so I can start learning and cracking it.

No you don't, it seems pretty clear to me you don't. plz don't lie we are tired of that. I mean this was an epic fail.
Everybody here can see you other posts, "the backwards common key", "the virtual slot 2 to play gba games in slot 1", "DSi Homebrew possible using DSi store?"(you titled the last one).

Finally we can deduct by many facts in your posts you are just a teen so don't come here with years of experience.

Sry Its just these threads keep appearing everyweek.

Van_Xan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@aneotoena
I have been coding since 10, and cracking/hacking since 12(I was part of HackersGrounded), I think thats years since I'm 15 1/2 now.
And like I said, I'm just starting to get into the console end of hacking so lay off.
Another thing, if you read the "DSi Homebrew possible using DSi store?" I was quoting something some one said asking if it was possible(that was 3 days after I got my first DS(which was a DSi)).

Also I'm not "just a teen", I built my first computer at the age of 5, I've been playing fps games since Quake 2, I'm a great artist(both pencil and computer), and I play guitar, so "just a teen" I think not!

Saphiresurf

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i just want you guys to face some facts. First of all. An eight year old works at microsoft (so dont judge knowlwedge by age). And even if someone is an absolute noob sometimes they may have found something on accident (though those chances are usually low). I myself do have a lot of computer knowledge (even though im 13) i can actually do things that are pretty cool with computers. another thing is that a lot of members are so prone to flaming and insulting people and there ideas (or threads). So please guys grow up a little and figure out what you doing wrong. ( Ive also never seen people get so mad when there communicating through the internet) The last thing is that i mostly learned things by actually doing the things i thought might work. I hope that cleared up a few things for people that flame, troll, ect.

Van_Xan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey I just thought of something, Why dont we use the Download and Play feature to load the homebrew channel? We could make a "game"(for the ds) that only needs to have a "start D&P" option that(when downloaded) will execute a file that installs the homebrew channel.

aneotoena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Van_Xan said:
hey I just thought of something, Why dont we use the Download and Play feature to load the homebrew channel? We could make a "game"(for the ds) that only needs to have a "start D&P" option that(when downloaded) will execute a file that installs the homebrew channel.

Sry but that's the kind of stuff that tells me you don't get this. Do a search in the forums, it has been answered before. Some clues for the answer you are looking for "common key is necessary to install things in the DSi" and "Running things in DSi mode".

Wait! I forgot common key is written backwards and unencrypted in the dsi ware files.

Lastly, many many teens can do all the things you seem to look as great achievements of your life. And you are not the kid at M$

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg