Gaming Collecting Amiibos?

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's your take on it? I'm not really into it, but I can see myself installing some shelves and then buying whole sets used - though I don't think I'll ever find them for cheap.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I have one amiibo; I don't think I'll ever collect them, but I can see myself buying a couple more when I feel like it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

On second thought, I have a bunch of Animal Crossing amiibo cards, but I collected them just because they are cards (and much cheaper).

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm thinking maybe I'll just print out some cards or get someone to do it then put together a card album. That would be a lot more compact too, and much more reliable than an Amiiqo. There's someone on Kijiji locally willing to do so, but most of the cards would be unprinted and it looks like he charges $100 for 20

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have 3. Would've loved to get more, but they released too many, too quickly... so I got burned out directly. Also, with the limited stock, I got burned out again.

The one I'd like to get now, is the squishy Metroid one, since the Fusion difficulty mode is locked behind that Amiibo... then I realised I only have an O3DS, so I can't even scan the Amiibo... *annoyed*

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have 2 of them, the 8bit mario (classic colors) and 8bit link
they are just for display and got them for pretty cheap
If they put out more 8bit ones then I would probably think about getting those also

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have 5 right now, I only get my favorite character theres like 2 more I wanna get but its a low priority thing, also I just use the powersaves action replay to mimic and use the other amiibos I dont have

Prizm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Amiibos are destined for the bargain bin right next to Skylanders and Disney Infinity. They have released far too many. They just collect dust at the stores since people just don't buy them now. They're good if there's one that you would really like to display on your desk or something.

zepmike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only buy the ones I really like, which are actually quite a few, haha. I'm only really a completionist with Zelda series ones, but I have never seen the newer Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword ones in stores (was able to get their BotW items thanks to an amiibo save backup device).

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Amiibos are destined for the bargain bin right next to Skylanders and Disney Infinity. They have released far too many. They just collect dust at the stores since people just don't buy them now.
Unfortunately not, otherwise prices would be going down. The only ones I see in stores around here are super common ones that nobody wants. Even the amiibos I got at under $10 are like $15+ now.

KevinLSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately not, otherwise prices would be going down. The only ones I see in stores around here are super common ones that nobody wants. Even the amiibos I got at under $10 are like $15+ now.
Ive seen ness, lucina, pit, and many uncommon ones at stores and they are always there.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have every single one.... including gold mario, gold megaman, the 6 monster hunter ones, qbby etc.... boxed mint.

And a full set of zelda ones unboxed: because reasons :P

I also OCD collect the varients.... like the two/three/four packs as well as singles.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ive seen ness, lucina, pit, and many uncommon ones at stores and they are always there.
It depends on the store obviously. I had to get all my Amiibo online, the only ones I've seen in stores around me are Waluigi, standard Mario, and Peach.

Haven't even bothered looking recently...it is Christmas time after all. I think the bottom will eventually fall out on Amiibo, but they haven't made too many quite yet.

Last edited by Xzi,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have one . . . back when they came out i got a pikachu gave it a nickname (aniibochu). . . soon after i deemed amiibos to be useless (not used enough in games to justify buying the one let alone getting more amiibo). . . amiibochu lives in my top dresser drawer now

GaveUpTomorrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have them all except for the Amazon exclusive Link character that sells out within minutes each time it has restocked. I am always a few minutes late for that one.
I have a complete Disney Infinity collection as well. I have gotten most of the figures on big discounts overtime with a few exceptions of the ones I want right away.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse