Coffee!

How do you take your coffee?

• I don't.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Instant

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • Filter machine

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • Pod machine (Keurig, Nespresso, other)

Votes: 21 16.9%
  • Espresso

• Filter - manual (pourover, etc.)

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • Other: moka pot, aeropress, siphon brewer, cezve, phin, a pot, that sock looking thing...

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Milk

Votes: 41 33.1%
  • No milk

Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Sugar

Votes: 37 29.8%
  • No sugar

• Flavorings (syrups, spices, other)

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Light - medium roast

Votes: 19 15.3%
  • Dark roast

Votes: 31 25.0%

• Total voters

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
IMG_20230503_201503_DRO.jpg

First bite. Brews different coffee, less bitter and more other aromas through. And the process prolly looks like crazy alchemy for the onlookers :rofl:

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I do the whole process, I roast the beans and grind them and make different kinds. I like anything from strong espresso to weak latte. I can't recommend the aeropress enough.
Aeropress is something I'm going to buy at some point. At the moment though I'm trying to find local reseller for cold brewing equipment due wanting to do experiments brewing coffee flavoured beers ;)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
View attachment 368700
First bite. Brews different coffee, less bitter and more other aromas through. And the process prolly looks like crazy alchemy for the onlookers :rofl:
It really does look like some mad scientist's lab equipment, bubbling ominously in the background.
I would like to have one, but mostly for display purposes. They look nice. But I don't know when I would ever use it, maybe if I have guests over. The problem of needing a cup of coffee to be able to make a cup of coffee is increased when there's fire involved :unsure:

Connoisseur of coffee, you will love poop coffee!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_luwak
By all counts it's pretty mediocre to downright bad coffee, and the only thing making it so popular and fabled, like so many other delicacies, is the fact it's difficult to procure.
Then again the negative reviews may have just gotten fake kopi luwak because there is zero source or quality control and 90% of the supposed kopi luwak on the market is just regular coffee.
But none of the reviews are that high at all, so there is an extremely high chance someone captured an endangered animal, stuck it in a battery cage, force-fed it raw coffee fruit its whole (brief) life, just so you could overpay some mediocre coffee.

I've mentioned bat coffee in this thread before, and "Black Ivory Coffee" is supposed to be ethically sourced and funds elephant rescue programs, supposedly, so if you have a hankering for shit coffee (literally and figuratively), go seek that out instead.

Last edited by Veho,

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Reactions: AncientBoi

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Haha
Reactions: CoolMe

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It really does look like some mad scientist's lab equipment, bubbling ominously in the background.
I would like to have one, but mostly for display purposes. They look nice. But I don't know when I would ever use it, maybe if I have guests over. The problem of needing a cup of coffee to be able to make a cup of coffee is increased when there's fire involved :unsure:
I don't mind using fire, even indoors - spirit burner is just a big candle anyways. Of course one has to be cautious, but with pre-boiled water the time needed for spirit burner is surprisingly short. Just have to take care that there isn't anything flammable below or above the burner and the wick isn't too far drawn out.

I guess due personal upbringing (been at scout camps from age of two as the local mascot or such) and cultural stuff having fire around isn't scary. As wit lots of stuff, being wary is ok and good, getting scared can easily lead to overreactions and disaster. Says he, next day burning down a pizza restaurant while flambeeing ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up