Coffee!

How do you take your coffee?

• I don't.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Instant

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • Filter machine

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • Pod machine (Keurig, Nespresso, other)

Votes: 21 16.9%
  • Espresso

• Filter - manual (pourover, etc.)

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • Other: moka pot, aeropress, siphon brewer, cezve, phin, a pot, that sock looking thing...

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Milk

Votes: 41 33.1%
  • No milk

Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Sugar

Votes: 37 29.8%
  • No sugar

• Flavorings (syrups, spices, other)

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Light - medium roast

Votes: 19 15.3%
  • Dark roast

Votes: 31 25.0%

• Total voters

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Absolutely not. While those spices work great in a pie with, you know, actual pumpkin, putting them in coffee does not taste like pumpkin spice ANYthing. I've tried it and you're completely wrong.
Skill issue.

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Not at all. If you saw my kitchen coffee setup(s), you wouldn't be saying that. Pumpkin Spice has, you know, pumpkin flavoring in it as well.
Okay.

Screenshot_2023-08-26-00-11-18-349-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

IMG_20230826_001338.jpg

"Pumpkin spice does not include pumpkin as an ingredient."

The original recipe didn't have pumpkin in it, natural or artificial. Starbucks started adding a tiny amount of actual pumpkin in 2015 to shut up all the "if pumpkin spice why no pumpkin" comments, but they made damn sure it wouldn't be noticeable in the final product.

Screenshot_2023-08-26-00-30-48-264-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

But no, a "pumpkin spice" latte shouldn't taste of pumpkins.

Reactions: AncientBoi

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.

View attachment 390346

View attachment 390349

"Pumpkin spice does not include pumpkin as an ingredient."

The original recipe didn't have pumpkin in it, natural or artificial. Starbucks started adding a tiny amount of actual pumpkin in 2015 to shut up all the "if pumpkin spice why no pumpkin" comments, but they made damn sure it wouldn't be noticeable in the final product.

View attachment 390350

But no, a "pumpkin spice" latte shouldn't taste of pumpkins.

LMFAO! You're source is a Wiki article and a Starbucks history story? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

And I actually have that exact same pumpkin spice powder. Try putting that in your coffee and drinking it. Tastes terrible, nothing like pumpkin spice, and doesn't even dissolve in the coffee. Do you also think there's no pumpkin or pumpkin flavoring in a pumpkin pie? Or just the pumpkin pie spices? LOL! "Pumpkin Spice" spices alone don't make a "Pumpkin Spice" flavored beverage. You also need the pumpkin flavoring. Starbucks original recipe was an exception, and people pretty much said "No, this isn't fucking Pumpkin Spice you morons!" And they changed it because of that. Period. Keep trying. Me: 2 You: 0

• Wow
Reactions: AncientBoi

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
And I actually have that exact same pumpkin spice powder. Try putting that in your coffee and drinking it. Tastes terrible, nothing like pumpkin spice, and doesn't even dissolve in the coffee.
Well there you go. Like I said, skill issue .

• Haha
Reactions: Mangofett

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My goto is dolce gusto, cafe au lait pods.

Quick, easy and serviceable. If I want something better I go to a coffee shop.

doesn't even dissolve in the coffee.

I'm no coffee expert but does any spice really dissolve that well in coffee? Wouldn't you want to steep your milk with them? Make a syrup from them maybe?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
My goto is dolce gusto, cafe au lait pods.

Quick, easy and serviceable. If I want something better I go to a coffee shop.

I'm no coffee expert but does any spice really dissolve that well in coffee? Wouldn't you want to steep your milk with them? Make a syrup from them maybe?
Syrup in coffee is gonna make me sick, they tried it at starbuck, man it's not good, spice on the other hand can go perfect in coffee.
The stong bitter sour doesn't go with syrup like sweet.
By the way, the best coffee is as dark as my soul.

Reactions: GeekyGuy

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Syrup in coffee is gonna make me sick, they tried it at starbuck, man it's not good, spice on the other hand can go perfect in coffee.
The stong bitter sour doesn't go with syrup like sweet.
By the way, the best coffee is as dark as my soul.

I get that, I find a lot of coffee syrups are far too sweet. Making your own can be quite good though.

I like the flavour of spice in a coffee too, but rather than try and dissolve spice directly into a coffee I would infuse something with the spices, usually some milk.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I get that, I find a lot of coffee syrups are far too sweet. Making your own can be quite good though.

I like the flavour of spice in a coffee too, but rather than try and dissolve spice directly into a coffee I would infuse something with the spices, usually some milk.
Can be cream, milk, and it works with frappucino (cold coffee, with milk icecream.
Syrop never works for me, but than again i want strong coffee, so that might be part of the why it doesn't work.

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can be cream, milk, and it works with frappucino (cold coffee, with milk icecream.
Syrop never works for me, but than again i want strong coffee, so that might be part of the why it doesn't work.

I find a well made caramel syrup goes quite well with strong coffee. Just make a simple dark caramel (170c - 175c) and let down with water. You get the complex bitter flavours from the caramel instead of just in your face sweetness like you get from a lot of coffee shops

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes, you either simmer them in milk or in simple syrup, to extract the flavor, then you strain out the solids so the drink isn't gritty. You don't just dump a spoonful of raw spices into your coffee and call it a day.

McLeanParsons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coffee is my friend. I adore coffee, I drink coffee with tonic , irish coffee, iced coffee, coffee with a cigarette, coffee in bed, coffee with milk I have been drinking lately (there was an allergy to lactose), but even despite this, I sometimes drink coffee with regular fatty milk once a year)))

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Started making my own evaporated milk with 1% milk. Third attempt seems to be the charm. Learned a couple of things from the first two tries, but yesterday I also filtered the milk through a coffee filter when it had cooled down a bit. It's a lot of work, but it sure tastes good this morning, with a much more pleasurable texture.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!