Hacking Coding vWii 3-core support - everything you need to know.

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He was clear I thought, 6 cores but locked to 3. I sent post link to Marcan. Never know, if it is IBM specific and hidden, then Nintendo/IBM would know. No clue.
Well he's wrong. He was basing it all on that there is no 3 core ibm power7, but THIS is a custom made version of the cpu. Custom made chips are nothing new to video game consoles. And btw there are 4,6, and 8 core versions of that cpu, so I don't know why he picked 6 core.

comex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may not be necessary, but it's always best to be clear to the compiler what it is you are doing so you don't have to later debug it at an asm level just because the toolchain got an update and changed it's mind how it does something specific

It's always best to stick to defined behavior in C rather than relying on the compiler not noticing undefined behavior, but the bit twiddling in question (and bool existing or not) is not undefined behavior.

The main problem are going to come with the main execution.

This post does not make sense.

shawnchalfant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I passed my Wii U on to my kids, I got out. I'm not going to play the failoverflow game with these egos here. Ordered my Nvidia Shield. Enough said boys.

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I passed my Wii U on to my kids, I got out. I'm not going to play the failoverflow game with these egos here. Ordered my Nvidia Shield. Enough said boys.
What is the "failoverflow game"? So your mad at them, so you bought a overpriced portable android gaming machine?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
lol. I was actually thinking about mentioning angry birds also. Like what actual games would be on android to make it worth paying $350 for? Theres alot of cheap alternative android devices that should be able to play the same games.
The only cool thing is The Conduit HD (an amazing Wii game), but that's limited to certain platforms, and better to just play the original version on a $50 console.

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only cool thing is The Conduit HD (an amazing Wii game), but that's limited to certain platforms, and better to just play the original version on a $50 console.
I didn't even know though they had a version of that game. That would be pretty cool, but like you said theres better ways to play it. I guess its always possible that more and more good games could come to android with the ouya or whatever its called coming out.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I didn't even know though they had a version of that game. That would be pretty cool, but like you said theres better ways to play it.
And far cheaper.
I guess its always possible that more and more good games could come to android with the ouya or whatever its called coming out.
You mean like a new Angry Birds? :O

shawnchalfant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not, mad, upset, or anything negative. I just don't see the same flame of enthusiasm these guys had with the Wii back in the day. I mean they want action on the communities part. Different scene these days. And I work hard for my money and can afford to spend it on Angery HD then so be it.

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not, mad, upset, or anything negative. I just don't see the same flame of enthusiasm these guys had with the Wii back in the day. I mean they want action on the communities part. Different scene these days. And I work hard for my money and can afford to spend it on Angery HD then so be it.
I understand what your saying and they definitely aren't as in too it. But these guys have real jobs and stuff now too, so they can't really do as much as they used too. Plus the companies they work for make it alittle risky to release stuff like this. Also I think they have a "exploit" but if they just released it there would be no homebrew or use for it anyway. Basically the system would be "hacked" but with no real use to anybody.

shawnchalfant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's like your mechanic telling you what's wrong with your car and him telling you how to do the repairs yourself while he watches over your shoulder, because you just happen to take mechanics class in high school.

It would have been better if they said nothing to begin with if all they wanted to do is fan the fire. Childish crap, but then again look at me here. So human of me.

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would have been better if they said nothing to begin with if all they wanted to do is fan the fire. Childish crap, but then again look at me here. So human of me.
I agree on some what you said (not the mechanic stuff), but Comex has been cool about it and is helpful. I think he would really like to release it and get homebrew started. After all a hacker hacks something to open it yes (or for the challenge), but its not as much fun if you can't share it. I will admit that Marcan has been alittle annoying at times, but it is understandable to a degree.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
That's like your mechanic telling you what's wrong with your car and him telling you how to do the repairs yourself while he watches over your shoulder, because you just happen to take mechanics class in high school.
Except nobody is getting paid, so your analogy is flawed. It's nobody's "job" to do this.

What happen to "Waninkoko"? I remember he had a hand in alot of Wii stuff in the day.
People got tired of him stealing their stuff and releasing apps that bricked consoles.

Reactions: kp_centi

shawnchalfant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What right do they have to get mad, when you alter your console that's the risk you assume.

Its not flawed, its the principal idea behind the lesson, use your third eye.

Sorry, now back to 3 core. Carry on

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's always best to stick to defined behavior in C rather than relying on the compiler not noticing undefined behavior, but the bit twiddling in question (and bool existing or not) is not undefined behavior.
I just spent the last 10 minutes imagining a utopia where standards are applied equally across every platform, and are never superseded by non-backwards compatible updates...
then reality called wondering why I was taking a vacation :whip:

Reactions: Maxternal

Kdonix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not sure if he was actually trying to say that its a 6 core processor or not. Thinking more of a failed google translate. Seems to be he's just complaining about the Wii U being underpowered and not the same as the PS4 or the next xbox. If he was trying to say that its a 6 core processor, then he's wrong. That would be a waste of money and dumb to have that just to run on 3 cores. The earlier Wii U processor rumors were that it would have 6 cores, so I'm only guessing that he was trying to say that Nintendo chose to go with a 3 core processor instead....big mistake...yada yada yada....translate fail.....

You misunderstand.
What you mean by google translate ?

c'mon my english is not that bad and you stay in your position by saying this, like i said, don't judge too fast.
the Wii U is more than enough powerful for the future games but the dev problem came from the difference of architecture, that's why some of them forget about work on the kit dev Wii U, it would be more easy for them to work on X86 than PPC (commercial time) -> don't forget that Sony and Microsoft abandonned PPC archi.

Actually it is not a waste of money or dumb to run on 3cores -> a point start.
I'm not trying to say, i'm saying that the P7 on Wii U is a six-core, i probably know more than certain people by working with some of this company.

It was never a rumor, IBM/Nintendo decided to keep the information to prevent any problem in the future execution that all.

@Comex

Keep talking man, all the blabla behind your work, it is not the first time and doesn't look like the last time
if you want to help them, help them or keep walking
anyway you should have more time for playing with the PS4/Next XBOX an co.. No ? don't be lazy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...