Codec issues

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by jumpman17, Sep 23, 2008.

Sep 23, 2008

Codec issues by jumpman17 at 3:38 AM (809 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. jumpman17
    OP

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    Okay, so I'm trying to watch a video and it doesn't play. Only sound. I was going to download the newest version of K-Lite Codec Pack but someone tells me CCCP is better. So I install that.

Now my video plays. Good right? Well, now my 1080p movies are jumping and the sound is out of sync.

So I install install the new K-Lite pack and now my video no longer plays and my 1080p movies are still jumpy and out of sync.

Ideas?

EDIT: Well, it seems my 1080p movies play fine in Media Player Classic, just not Windows Media Player anymore. I guess that's livable.

2. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    what player?

3. Richy Freeway

Member Richy Freeway GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    You don't need a codec pack. Installing unecessary stuff is always a bad thing.

Get yourself the following.

FFDShow Tryout
    AC3 Filter
    CoreAVC

Install them in that order.

That's all I have on my media centre and I can play all divx and x264 downloads fine. You don't even need CoreAVC really, as FFDShow will handle HD stuff, but CoreAVC is lighter on the CPU.

4. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Meh, I installed K-Lite codec pack on an almost clean computer (codec-wise), and everything's been great over the last few months. No problems with video formats at all.
    That said, everyone seems to complain about codec packs :\.
    Not sure why, as if you encounter a problem, it's easy to uninstall from add/remove programs, rather than manually downloaded codecs.