Code of Princess EX announced for Nintendo Switch

Publisher Nicalis will be bringing Studio Saizenhen's new game to the Nintendo Switch. Titled Code of Princess EX, this will be an HD revamp to the 2012 3DS beat-em-up game Code of Princess. It'll release both physically and digitally on the Switch, and will feature new remastered visuals, better AI, and a general overhaul to the level-up system. The trailer states the game has 50 playable characters, as well as a local multiplayer mode. Code of Princess EX will release sometime this summer, and will cost $39.99.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Seems this game received all 6s and 7s the first time around, wonder how much the improvements will change that average score. Looks like a pretty good beat 'em up to me, $39.99 seems a little steep though.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: gameboy

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Seems this game received all 6s and 7s the first time around, wonder how much the improvements will change that average score. Looks like a pretty good beat 'em up to me, $39.99 seems a little steep though.
I got ot agree. If it was around 15-20$ range I would be somewhat intrested. But 40$ is way to steep for this kind of game. Maybe might pick it up on a sale.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna say I think I got this game for $15 way back in 2013 when 3ds was still bleak in the amount of games. $40 is a lot, some of these companies are just trying to money grab with the switch now with shovelware like code of princess

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
it got 6s and 7s because it was repetitive as hell, had really short levels (you fought enemies in a small level that didnt scroll, like an arena), a hard to understand level up system and a framerate of 15FPS, even sengan kagura burst ran a little better than that

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Everything is cheaper in states, it will costs 39.99EURO here. Just 20% more.

I think this the only advantage being states.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna say I think I got this game for $15 way back in 2013 when 3ds was still bleak in the amount of games. $40 is a lot, some of these companies are just trying to money grab with the switch now with shovelware like code of princess

How the hell is this shovelware? This is a good game by a noticable studio and publisher. You might need revise the Wii game catalog and think your definition of shovelware.

Reactions: Shadowfied

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the hell is this shovelware? This is a good game by a noticable studio and publisher. You might need revise the Wii game catalog and think your definition of shovelware.

Just because the studio/publishers are noticeable doesn't mean they can't produce shovelware, which this really is. $40 is way too much, I bet it goes on sale for 25-50% off two months after release like many other Switch games have done.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because the studio/publishers are noticeable doesn't mean they can't produce shovelware, which this really is. $40 is way too much, I bet it goes on sale for 25-50% off two months after release like many other Switch games have done.

Overpriced doesn't mean shovelware

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, at least it is not $60 :P Finally a port that goes the right direction (kind of...) and doesnt charges full price :bow:

Reactions: gumbyx84

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1