COD5 or GH:WT?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by BumFace, Dec 5, 2008.

Dec 5, 2008

COD5 or GH:WT? by BumFace at 5:44 PM (948 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. BumFace
    OP

Member BumFace GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    hi ppl in the next week i am gonna decide which game i would buy but which one is better? COD5 or GH:WT?
    2 of my frends have already got it and 1 of the 2 has COD5 so which on is overall better and longer lasting? btw i am TTFAF good to be precise

2. Fenopy

Newcomer Fenopy Newbie

United States
    Depends....
    Are you like me and bring your Wii everywhere? (not just friends... Family/parties/etc)
    Then easily, Guitar Hero. After a few songs, i can even get the shy people to start singing! Plus when RB2 comes out soon here, you can just get the game (instruments are cross-compatible) and then have even more songs! [​IMG]

3. Rammoth

Member Rammoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    @ Fenopy: You mean you carry around your drums and guitar and everything everywhere? :wtf:

Ontopic: I wasn't too impressed with COD5 on the Wii. If you own any other console or good PC I'd recommend getting CoD5 for that one over the Wii version anytime. The Wii simply lacks power to put such games to good use.

Guitar Hero World Tour on the other hand, works just as good on Wii as any other console and even has some extra Wii specific stuff. If you have the money to spare for the instrument set, I would without a doubt go for GH:WT.

4. Fenopy

Newcomer Fenopy Newbie

United States
    Yes I do... in fact, I am working on turning a suitcase into a Wii-holder-case-thing of Doom. (It is about 1/2 done)

Holds everything:
    2 Guitars
    Drums (Includes Set/Stand/Symbols/Foot Pedal/Sticks)
    Microphone
    4 Wiimotes
    4 Wavebirds
    4 Nunchucks
    12 Rechargeable Batteries + Charger
    Wii System
    Wii Base/Power/AV Cables
    Sensor Bar
    Balance Board

5. Rammoth

Member Rammoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Bloody hell [​IMG]

Don't you get sick of packing and unpacking everything over and over again?

I was already getting fed up with packing up just my few every now and then hehe

6. Immortal Game

Member Immortal Game GBAtemp Regular

United States
    COD5, but that's because I am biased against Guitar Hero. But I guess this thread's asking for opinion anyway...

7. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I have now stopped bringing my Wii over my friends house, because of the following reasons:

1) They are too lazy to clean their house, so they have a really filthy house.
    2) His cousin just sneaked on my GH:A disc and left it somewhere. When I found it, I saw white spots on the optic side. They can't be removed and it doesn't work on my Wii anymore so R.I.P GH: Aerosmith [​IMG]
    3) Not trustworthy enough when it comes to valuable stuff.

Anyways, carrying a whole band kit along with consoles is insane. Damn. I think you're taking the phrase "World Tour" too far. [​IMG]

As for the topic, I say GH:WT, although it has a few limitations (despite the promise of Vicarious Visions that it will get everything that the 360/PS3 versions get). Examples:
    1) No Hendrix DLC and any other "good" track packs.
    2) Limited online band gameplay (you can only play with one console online)
    3) Well, if graphics matter to you, I guess it counts.