COD4 PSN=RUINED.

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I picked up COD4 today, in hopes that it'd be better than Black Ops (since it kinda sucks. And COD4's often credited as the best COD game ever). I was so excited to try it out, so I immediately put it in my PS3 when I got home. And after starting a game, I encountered a huge disappointment.
Hackers. Shitloads of them. Matchmaking almost always sends me to a hacked lobby, where there are people running/jumping abnormally fast/high, infinite ammo, and a single guy (or two) running around with a noobtube that shoots as fast as an LMG. It also forces everybody (even the) legit players that were forced onto these lobbies) to Max prestige, with no way of restoring their stats. Seriously, this pisses me off. I expected the game that made COD popular, not this flying BS. The worst part is, it's likely that nobody will do anything about it, since IW is gone, and Activision doesn't care about old games. I feel like I just wasted my money. (I was about to get WaW too, but the situation would likely be the same there).
mad.gif
Why did they have to ruin a good game? I didn't even get to try it in its full glory. WTF?
I also heard that something similar's happening to MW2, meaning that Activision really doesn't care about you unless you fuel their franchise milking (by buying their newest games, Black Ops in this situation).
frown.gif

/endrant
I'm probably going BF3 next year though, so I'll probably not care anymore by then.

Anyways, exams are starting for me this week. I've got 2 Math and one Sci exam. Can't wait.

On a side note, if you've read my previous blog, I have managed to retrieve my phone. Yay.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
I picked up COD4 today, in hopes that it'd be better than Black Ops (since it kinda sucks. And COD4's often credited as the best COD game ever).
Rookie mistake. COD 4 is easily the most overrated. The one that's lauded the best in most cases is COD 2.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
COD 4 is the same hack-fest on the 360 too. It sucks. WaW may not be that bad. I've only encountered one modded lobby out of the (probably) 30 games I played, and it was only just one hacker, not the entire lobby.

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@machomuu: But the point is, I never got to experience if it was legitimately enjoyable or not. Not this unbearable hacker bullshit.
I honestly don't care about your opinion of the game itself, because I haven't actually tried it to determine if I agree with you or not.

iluvfupaburgers

FUPA Luva
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
this happened to me too a while back and gave up on cod4. ive seen the same thing happening in WaW. and CoD MW2 is going on the same track, ive already played some hacked games on mw2. so just stick to black ops and wait till CoD MW3. or play some other game

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I guess I could try to play through single player. How long does it last? I have exams to study for, so I want to beat it and try to make it back in the store before the 30 days are up.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You didn't miss anything special.

and don't listen to anyone who says the singleplayer is good. That's a joke, a horrible...sad joke. The singleplayer exists for the sake of existing, exploding, and giving out trophies/achievements.

MW2 is the "best" of the CoD's.
I say best lightly because it's hard to call anything "best" in such a bad series. But if you're dead set on playing it, MW2 is your game of choice.

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Already played through MW2 on 360 before mine RRoD'd. It was...meh. I don't really have anything bad to say about it, so I might be able to persevere through COD4's singleplayer.

And trophies? Gimme.
tongue.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
A lot of the time, the hacks in each lobby are hard to figure out. Some are obvious (negative exp is a bad one to get), but others not so much (perfectly straight bullets). The hacking got really bad about the time that Microsoft unbanned every account on Live temporarily. I guess that was the invitation to start hacking or something, as suddenly hacks started showing up across the consoles at an astounding rate from what was a low occurrence in the past. It was never this bad before. Ever.

CoD 4 is also really well made for multiplayer in the long run. The guns are far more balanced when compared to the likes of MW2 (seriously, everything in MW2 is a one to two hit kill), though grenades are still off the chart explosive. The grenades are still somehow worse in MW2 though. Getting into a lightly hacked lobby (ie: no obvious way to tell what the hacks may be) can still be fun. My friend has also gotten hackers to rage off in hardcore before by just team killing them a bunch. There are ways to manage in the correct game modes.

As of now though, unless IW cleans up their act and gets shit done, CoD4 is basically going to die by the hands of the hackers, as console gamers are exceptionally intolerant to hacks and mods appearing even twice in a row. Play a shitty server on any of the CoD games on PC, and you'll know just how shitty hacks can be towards a playing experience when that one douche is running around with juggernaut (CoD 4) and an LMG while rocking an aimbot.

MW2 will be the go to game. The PS3 version has an incredible amount of camping compared to the 360 version though, which is what ruined the PS3 experience and ended up in the game being sold. Black Ops is none too shabby and is more balanced than MW2 in terms of the weapons and killstreaks (no nuke ftw). Dolphin dives are good, and the maps are generally okay to play in without any one map standing out as terrible. Noobtubes are also looked down upon and just plain don't pop up that often. When they do though, be prepared to rage, as they still suck ass to get killed with five times in a row.

Yeah, that's about it.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
@machomuu: But the point is, I never got to experience if it was legitimately enjoyable or not. Not this unbearable hacker bullshit.
I honestly don't care about your opinion of the game itself, because I haven't actually tried it to determine if I agree with you or not.
But I haven't given my opinion yet
unsure.gif

Though I can assure you, you don't want to hear it. Though I will say I do really like CoD 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...