CoD PS3 Problems Persist

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by tigris, Dec 21, 2010.

Dec 21, 2010

CoD PS3 Problems Persist by tigris at 5:15 PM (1,327 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. tigris
    OP

Member tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

~ http://www.examiner.com/console-gaming-in-...-ps3-post-patch

Treyarch released a patch for the PS3 version of Call of Duty: Black Ops this morning which, among other issues, was supposed to fix a number of connection-related bugs, but it doesn't seem to have done the trick.

Not, at least, for the alarming number of gamers who have hit both the game's official forums and the PlayStation site in complaint of those same issues remaining present or, in some cases, worsened.

Players are up in arms over continued disconnection issues, the game taking extended periods of time to find a match, crashing and other faults.

It also seems that host migration remains patchy, with players being kicked out of games with 'connection lost' error messages.

2. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    It's not just PS3, as I've been experiencing so many disconnection problems on 360, in Zombies, and Multiplayer.

3. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    The latest patch has definitely made it worse for me. I also have a major problem where Black Ops doesn't identify my NAT type properly, saying that it is strict when it is really open. To fix this, I have to put in MW2 and load online multiplayer before putting Black Ops in, then the NAT type goes to open.

4. Sandman00009

Member Sandman00009 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No problem on xbox for me sucks for ps3 owners

5. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    Inferior Version confirmed.

PS3 almost always gets the inferior version of every multi console game.

Its either lazy devs or shitty hardware. You decide. (To me, its a little of both.)

6. sputnix

Member sputnix GBAtemp Fan

Bangladesh
    man I'm glad I switched to the dark side (360) and hadn't stuck with the ps3, anywho the 360 main multiplayer seems to have been patched a while ago, but zombies still disconnects 80% of the time

7. Livin in a box

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    That's just your rage-quitting right there.

With everything that happens on PS3 people always complain; every time there's a new software update, people complain. I'm not saying for one minute that the problems aren't there, I just think that some people might be overreacting a bit, as per usual.

8. ThatDudeWithTheFood

Member ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

United States
    Doesn't happen to me in fact since the patch I've only got one disconnection thingy and it was during a host migration.

9. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    Wii says hi.

10. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    Well that's obviously true. But you know... HD consoles =/= Non HD console. (Or last gen tech vs current gen tech.)

PS3, 360, PC. PS3 almost always gets the inferior version.

Blame Ken. Its his fault. It has always been his fault.

When they were making GTAIV Sony actually had to send teams to help Rockstar work on the PS3 version of the game. Google it.

11. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    it's not that the hardware sucks it's that it's unique and most developers make the game for 360 and then port it to the PS3. Although lately the quality of PS3 ports have been much better and up to an unnoticable level there are some games that still get inferior ports be it due to a lack of time or just the developers not caring I don't know, but MW2 was basically the same on 360 and PS3 while Black Ops is noticably inferior (there are tests out there to prove it, the PS3 gets lower framerates and the occasional bits of serious lag)

12. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    Actually, I'm sure PC gets the shorter ends of the stick a lot of the times too.
    Without any specific examples, I remember multiple accounts of where PC games either didn't get DLC, had features (possibly online) missing, and more.

13. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    It's just them being lazy. Good examples would be Vanquish, Eternal Sonata, and FF13.

14. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    like required a constant internet connection, lulzzzzz

that just made people more inclined to pirate it so they don't have to deal with that BS

15. rave420

Member rave420 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    in the end it all comes down to users that don't know how to forward ports properly, and that don't know how to work a firewall.

I have ZERO problems with COD:BO.

(i also forwarded my ports, and got no security running)