Cobalt DS Lite + CycloDS Problems

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by throughhim413, Mar 4, 2009.

Mar 4, 2009
  1. throughhim413
    OP

Member throughhim413 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The hinge on my original white DS Lite recently snapped off, so I purchased a new DS Lite - the Cobalt and Black one. I have been using the CycloDS flashcart with absolutely no complaints. However, since replacing my DSL yesterday, I have experienced many freezes. I've made sure that I'm updated with the most recent firmware (1.53). The card I'm using is a Kingston 2GB card (from Taiwan, not Japan). The game that I'm playing is Tales of Hearts - Anime Edition (3169). However, this is the same setup I was using on the older DS Lite and I never had a single problem.

Does anyone know if there's something about the newer DS models that causes a problem like this? Did I just get a bad DS? Does anyone know of any way that I can solve this problem?

2. hdofu

Member hdofu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You may want to try backing up the content of your card and reformatting it and then reloading the contents back onto your card. Sometimes that fixes things.

3. Raven Darkheart

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    + 1 for reformatting
    the freezing happened to me until i reformatted a while back

and be sure youre using firmware 1.54B3

4. throughhim413
    OP

United States
    I reformatted the card this morning and I haven't had a crash so far. Hopefully it continues to hold out, I won't mind if that solved my problems. The odd thing is that I used my busted DS to pass a scene that froze on the new DS several times. Very strange.

@Raven: I usually try to avoid using the beta firmware, is there something specific in this revision that makes it worth using the beta?

5. Raven Darkheart

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    game compatability fixes and i think it was b1 or b2 that was causing the freeze issues
    havent had any since moving on to b3

6. throughhim413
    OP

United States
    Did 1.53 have the same problems with crashes? Because like I said, before this, I've never experienced any crashes on 1.53. I just don't want to upgrade to a beta that might introduce new problems when I'm not positive that the firmware is the cause.