CN $17 @ Gamestop

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by caboyzcoti, Jun 18, 2015.

1. caboyzcoti
    OP

caboyzcoti Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    Cubic ninja is 17 dollars at my local gamestop. I guess since all the updates block ninjahax they dropped it back from 40. So my problem is my 3ds is up to date 9.8. I have oot and a powersaves. I still plan on buying a new 3ds but, since xenoblade is the only game for it currently other than improving one or two eshop games I own, it's not worth it for me yet. I have considered getting an extra o3ds for cfw homebrew and backups many times. Should I buy Cubic Ninja at my gamestop just to hold onto in case I do take the leap and get an extra o3ds? Or would oot do the job well enough by itself? Sorry I have read a good few tuts but just want to have the most options available to me without a gateway or sky.

2. Shadowtrance

Shadowtrance GBAtemp Addict

May 9, 2014
    Hervey Bay, Queensland
    For $17 I'd grab it. :)

3. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    [​IMG]

Rizzorules likes this.
  4. caboyzcoti
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    I think I'll be picking it up in a few. How is the actual game? I remember before anyone knew what it could do it was just a decent use of the 3d.

5. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    The actual game is pretty much poop. There is a reason it only cost $5 before it became a homebrew solution.

dimmidice likes this.
  6. caboyzcoti
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    But crush 3d is only 3 bucks and is pretty neat lol I just hoped it would be more than an exploit carrier.

7. AquaX101

AquaX101 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 15, 2014
    United States
    Somewhere
    I got 5 within an 100 mile radius

8. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Amazon prices are ridiculous, I had $10 left over, and I ended up spending on Smash DLC for 3DS. I'll just have to buy it after spending for PC parts.

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I heard it's not bad, it's not shovelware but it's not great either, could be good for some cheap fun though.
    For the time being, you can still use RegionFOUR with CN on the latest FW. And smealum has said he's working on porting NINJHAX to the latest FW with limited functionality, so it's not useless even with just your 9.8 3DS.

10. caboyzcoti
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    Oh awesome! I hadn't heard about ninjahax being ported to 9.8. Definitely have to buy that now.

11. Hashtastrophe

Hashtastrophe Wizard

Jan 12, 2015
    Canada
    Yes that kind of wizard.
    The neat thing about Cubic Ninja is that it isn't really fixable and should always be usable as an entry point into the system. $17 isn't that bad a price considering it will likely jump back up whenever Ninjhax 2 is done.

Plus other good things like it being a shit game so no one is going to cry over using it for hax, unlike OoT where you're overwriting the save for a good game. And CN's QR scanner makes it super easy to install the exploit, again unlike OoT needing a prehacked system or a save dongle.

12. caboyzcoti
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    Excellent! I just found out they take the first video ipods so I traded it in and picked up Cubic Ninja for nothing. Now to wait for that Ninjahax 2. Monster Hunter should keep me busy :)

Just played the first 20 levels and it's definitely going to get some play as well. That pleases me. I was just on a super monkey ball kick so this is a nice take on that style of gameplay.

Last edited by caboyzcoti, Jun 19, 2015
  13. powersaver

powersaver GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2015
    United States
    I've seen CN priced low many times, but I've never had a reason to get it because of CFW.

14. MRJPGames

MRJPGames Pretty great guy

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    N3DS is worth it if you can get it with 9.0-9.2, then if you wanted you could even sell your o3DS (which makes the price of the N3DS somewhat cheaper).

15. jrebey

jrebey GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2015
    United States
    When was it ever $40? It's been $20 ever since ninjhax was released. I bought mine about a month after ninjhax and got it for $20. Before ninjhax it was only like $5.

16. caboyzcoti
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    40 was the going rate right after Ninjahax hit where I live. I even saw it in the 60-80 range on ebay.

17. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Why are you looking at new? No one has new..

18. jrebey

jrebey GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2015
    United States
    Gamestop's online pre-owned prices are nationwide and it's been $20 for months. If you ordered it online you would have only ever paid $20 even if the in-store price said something higher on the label. eBay prices are always outrageous so I don't even consider those prices "going rate".

19. caboyzcoti
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    Just stating what I experienced. I was not able to find it for less than $40 where I live. And gamestop employees, at least here, have gone back on many policies. I wouldn't trust them to give me a better price on anything incorrectly labeled. $19.99 is the same for preowned and new.

20. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Even Gamestop got in on spiking the price up to $40 for awhile. They weren't blind to the sudden spike in demand, and they made it a point to profit heavily. This wasn't a one store thing either. This price was changed nationwide. If you somehow missed the month or so that prices were absolutely outrageous, good for you, but not seeing it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Prices being lower now doesn't mean they weren't ever stupid high.