Hacking cMIOS clashing with modchip?

tadghd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently brought my Wii up to date with latest homebrew and now i'm having trouble launching my gamecube backups. i have an original wiikey and previously GC games launched fine from disc channel. i updated to 4.1E and installed the latest cIOS, cMIOS (ver4) and priiloader with GC region free hacks, and now GC backups won't launch, while the Wii side of everything still works fine. Is it possible that the cMIOS is in conflict with the wiikey or something along those lines?

I restored the original MIOS and now SOME GC backups will work through geckoOS, whilst loading through the disc channel either results in freezing on a black screen or the wii rebooting.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

tadghd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
using latest neogamma, cios rev17, GC games spin up, disc ID is displayed, screen goes green, Wii disc slot LED flashes and then it resets. no luck
frown.gif
could possibly be the burn media used, except i'm sure these exact burns have worked before, just not not.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tadghd said:
using latest neogamma, cios rev17, GC games spin up, disc ID is displayed, screen goes green, Wii disc slot LED flashes and then it resets. no luck
frown.gif
could possibly be the burn media used, except i'm sure these exact burns have worked before, just not not.

Have you tried forcing the disc to run in your region such as NTSC?
When I used rev14 I didn't have to do this but when I upgraded to rev17 I had to force disc video as ntsc in the Region Options.

tadghd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well i'm trying to play luigi's mansion (PAL) on a PAL console, so no i didn't bother trying. but i'll give it a shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)