cMIOS clashing with modchip?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tadghd, Feb 5, 2010.

Feb 5, 2010

cMIOS clashing with modchip? by tadghd at 1:09 AM (863 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. tadghd
    OP

Newcomer tadghd Member

Australia
    I recently brought my Wii up to date with latest homebrew and now i'm having trouble launching my gamecube backups. i have an original wiikey and previously GC games launched fine from disc channel. i updated to 4.1E and installed the latest cIOS, cMIOS (ver4) and priiloader with GC region free hacks, and now GC backups won't launch, while the Wii side of everything still works fine. Is it possible that the cMIOS is in conflict with the wiikey or something along those lines?

I restored the original MIOS and now SOME GC backups will work through geckoOS, whilst loading through the disc channel either results in freezing on a black screen or the wii rebooting.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Try running games that don't work through GC Backup Launcher

3. tadghd
    OP

Newcomer tadghd Member

Australia
    using latest neogamma, cios rev17, GC games spin up, disc ID is displayed, screen goes green, Wii disc slot LED flashes and then it resets. no luck [​IMG] could possibly be the burn media used, except i'm sure these exact burns have worked before, just not not.

4. harmor

Member harmor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Have you tried forcing the disc to run in your region such as NTSC?
    When I used rev14 I didn't have to do this but when I upgraded to rev17 I had to force disc video as ntsc in the Region Options.

5. tadghd
    OP

Newcomer tadghd Member

Australia
    well i'm trying to play luigi's mansion (PAL) on a PAL console, so no i didn't bother trying. but i'll give it a shot.

6. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It's a problem with the region free hacks you installed. Disable those.