Gaming Cluster size

jelmew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi everyone.

I have a 1 tb fat32 drive which I use for my wii. Now when I formatted it, I had set the cluster size to 64 kb. Now I wanted to make the drive primary and change the cluster size to 32 kb. However, EASEUs partition doesn't allow these options. Under the resize/move operation, the 64kb is grayed so it can't be changed and also making the drive primary can't be clicked. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Greetings,
Jelmew

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
IIRC Some OSs couldn't format drives that are higher than 32GB to FAT32. And also drives that are over 32GB are 32kB clusters anyway. How the hell did you get to 64kB? Try NTFS, yeah the highest it can do is 64kB but atleast it'll be right...or does it HAVE to be FAT32?

jelmew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want it to be fat 32 with 32 kb cluster sizes to use with things like sneek. I used the default settings on EASEUS partition magic to get it to fat 32 without thinking about changing the cluster size. Could it be the size of the partition that is playing up here?

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
So le me get this straight a sec (I'm a bit confused ^.^). You've partitioned a drive and a partition you want to use is formatted as FAT32 with 64kB clusters?

Seeing as FAT32 clusters should only go up to 32kB I'd backup and delete the data contained on the 64kB custers partition (if you can) then amalgamate the partitions together then partition them again but specify you want it as 32kB clusters.

It even says on Microsofts official site that you can't get higher than 64kB clusters on FAT32...yeah now I'm even more confused XD. Most probably a formatting problem.
QUOTE said:
The maximum possible number of clusters on a volume using the FAT32 file system is 268,435,445. With a maximum of 32 KB per cluster with space for the file allocation
Full article here.

Hope this helps!

jelmew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've formatted my drive with EASEUS partition manager, making it fat32. This so the wii can read .wbfs. However, sneek only supports filesystems fat32 up to 32Kb cluster sizes. I found out mine was 64KB

Microsoft windows only allows clusters up to 32kB. Custom software can go much higher. I've found a solution by shrinking the partition and making a second one which is 32KB cluster sizes and using that as the sneek-partition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...