ROM Hack Clubhouse Games Hack need help!

Coolperez8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am thinking of hacking Clubhouse games for the Nintendo DS... But all I've hacked is Pokemon. I am completely unprepared for this. I don't want to hack the gameplay.... I wanna hack the graphics. The graphics I wanna hack are the Icons & Cards.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are a handful of things you might get done if you are used to pokemon but by and large pokemon is a different beast to almost any other game and those exceptions do not include clubhouse games/42 all time classics.

First things first I did start off a little list of all the card games I could find on the DS and roughly what went, you can see it http://gbatemp.net/threads/card-games-on-the-ds-a-discussion-of-things.332152/

I just took a look at the 1.1 version 42 all time classics and it looks like it is going to be a nightmare hack- it sticks all the files save for the sound and download play in overlays which are little files loaded in at runtime, ostensibly they are actual code but here you will also find all the graphics and whatever else. Basically it is about as hard as it gets for DS hacking- I will run through it if you want but any other game, assuming it does not use this same technique (I have seen it a handful of times before), is probably going to be easier to hack.
That said you might be able to fumble your way into some basic stuff here; I doubt it will be compressed beyond the initial overlay compression and assuming the game does not have a graphics/tile map (50/50 as to whether it has one and it will trouble you here) and you are just painting over pixels rather than adding new options or changing text lengths then it is not so bad.

Coolperez8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a handful of things you might get done if you are used to pokemon but by and large pokemon is a different beast to almost any other game and those exceptions do not include clubhouse games/42 all time classics.

First things first I did start off a little list of all the card games I could find on the DS and roughly what went, you can see it http://gbatemp.net/threads/card-games-on-the-ds-a-discussion-of-things.332152/

I just took a look at the 1.1 version 42 all time classics and it looks like it is going to be a nightmare hack- it sticks all the files save for the sound and download play in overlays which are little files loaded in at runtime, ostensibly they are actual code but here you will also find all the graphics and whatever else. Basically it is about as hard as it gets for DS hacking- I will run through it if you want but any other game, assuming it does not use this same technique (I have seen it a handful of times before), is probably going to be easier to hack.
That said you might be able to fumble your way into some basic stuff here; I doubt it will be compressed beyond the initial overlay compression and assuming the game does not have a graphics/tile map (50/50 as to whether it has one and it will trouble you here) and you are just painting over pixels rather than adding new options or changing text lengths then it is not so bad.

Wait is it possible to Extract DSi Ware Save Data on an SD Card to a .nds rom? I'd really Love to play Legend Of Zelda 4 Swords 25th Anniversery on an R4 3ds...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not sure what has to do with hacking 42 all time classics/clubhouse games but hey.
There is no way to do anything like that with the DSi - there is barely even a way to run proper DSi homebrew; the only way you will be playing 4 swords is if you can run the GBA version.

If you mean you want to do something with the DSiware 42 all time classics spinoffs and the save data there... there is nothing I can really think of that would be worth the hassle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night