Closers Comp - Winners Announced

gbatemp_closers_contest.jpg

Thanks to everyone who entered, it was very hard for us to choose just 5 of the entries.

Here are the winners for the comp:

Look out for your keys later today!

@thewarhammer
@Jeffryxd
@Naegi_
@WhiteMaze
@Rhymei

--------------Original Post-------------------

Today we have a bit of a treat for ye 'tempers!

En Masse Entertainment has very generously sent over 5 codes to use with their latest MMO: Closers

In Closers, players become an elite agent of UNION, an organization dedicated to dealing with the threat of interdimensional aliens spilling through a series of mysterious portals that have appeared throughout New Seoul. At launch, players can choose one of five playable members of the Black Lambs team: Seha, a reluctant combat genius; Sylvi, the dedicated leader; Yuri, the skilled martial artist who only recently discovered her powers; Misteltein, a prodigious young boy with amazing support skills; or J, the grizzled veteran with a troubled past. Each character’s unique personality and combat style allows players to chart their own path through a complex, branching narrative, upgrading their skills and weapons along the way, and unlocking amazing new powers in a quest to vanquish a gargantuan interdimensional threat.

These codes will redeem the Ace Closer Bundle Founder’s Pack that has a full value of $570 and is currently on sale for $149.99. It will grant players the pack exclusive Dark Command costume as well as three other costumes, six full months of Elite Status, premium currency, instant closed beta access, and much more.

Closers: Ace Closer Bundle includes:

Dark Command Costume
Ivory Icon Costume
Tan & Ash; Sweater Club Costume
Phase Wings
Founder's Title
10x Mystery Boxes
10,000 En Masse Points
Elite Status for 180 days
Monster Cat Pet

So what do you have to do to be in with a chance of winning one of these packs? Simple, draw us an original anime-inspired character, digitally or photographed/scanned - with a description of their name, backstory and unique abilities or powers. Our staff will choose their top 5 and each one will win a code.

You have until December 28th to submit your entry in this thread.

CLOSERS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
RECOMMENDED:

Processor: Intel Core i3
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce 8000
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 5 GB available space

:arrow: Closers Impressions
:arrow: Closers Official Site
:arrow: Closers on Steam

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have to say, this years competition is definitely original and actually very fun!

The deadline also seems very reasonable, so we will have time to prepare a character's story as well as drawing and coloring it properly.

I've entered the comic competition. Am I allowed to enter this one as well?

Thanks

Reactions: T-hug

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I have to say, this years competition is definitely original and actually very fun!

The deadline also seems very reasonable, so we will have time to prepare a character's story as well as drawing and coloring it properly.

I've entered the comic competition. Am I allowed to enter this one as well?

Thanks
Of course!

Reactions: WhiteMaze

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I dunno if I am so confident in this, so do I just create a anime character? This is the time I wish I had drawing lessons. :ninja:

Essentially, yeah. Just create a character, give it a story and a power that makes it unique.

Even if you're not that good at drawing, if you start now, you can take your time perfecting your design.

EDIT: One question however, is this supposed to be an original character competition, or an anime fanart competition (drawing characters from anime)? @T-hug

Last edited by WhiteMaze,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Can't help but think about those cheesy Sonic OC I saw all over internet.

Good luck to everyone! I'm not interested to participate in this one.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if you're not that good at drawing, if you start now, you can take your time perfecting your design.
Be that as it may, someone as unskilled wouldn't even call one week's work perfect. :blink:

I can only try my best to be honest. Not like I ever used a PC to draw before, I would have better chance using art program like Art academy for WII U or anime workshop for 3DS. I wouldn't even know what kind of PC software to use, i only have basic paint. :wtf:

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Be that as it may, someone as unskilled wouldn't even call one week's work perfect. :blink:

I can only try my best to be honest. Not like I ever used a PC to draw before, I would have better chance using art program like Art academy for WII U or anime workshop for 3DS. I wouldn't even know what kind of PC software to use, i only have basic paint. :wtf:

PaintTool SAI is a simple program that can make wonders.

If you don't have a tablet PC or a drawing board, feel free to do it traditionally on paper with some old fashioned pencils and colors.

Doing it on the Wii U might work too, although I can't recommend using the 3DS. In all honesty.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Very interesting contest! Was considering starting this game already, so winning a DLC like that would be more than enough reason, but I SUCK at drawing stuff...:cry:

Does it have to be a good drawing or any will do? Do bad drawings have same chance of winning?

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sadim.jpg

Her name is Sadim. She's the daughter of a wealthy magnate. Her power is to charm things to have much greater value than their innate worth but only so long as people have confidence in the value of items she has previously charmed. She often sells items well below their charmed value to cover her lavish living expenses.

Reactions: DarthDub

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is it free? :ninja:

I just remember that miiverse is gone, without any way to obtain screenshot of wii u titles is not possible to use such a thing. Once again i'm reminded why the wii u is fundamentally flawed :hateit:
You can always just take a pic with a camera you know... Also, I think there are ways to screenshot if you have a hacked WiiU, but not sure about that

Reactions: T-hug

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always just take a pic with a camera you know... Also, I think there are ways to screenshot if you have a hacked WiiU, but not sure about that
Nope, my tablet can't be used at the moment. The battery inflated like a bag of microwave popcorn. :P

I need to take it to a technician to have them find a replacement battery and solder it. Otherwise I would consider using it since it does have a stylus and art software that was included with the system. :unsure:

Reactions: ThoD

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is it free? :ninja:

I just remember that miiverse is gone, without any way to obtain screenshot of wii u titles is not possible to use such a thing. Once again i'm reminded why the wii u is fundamentally flawed :hateit:

I believe it is paid, however it should have a free trial period. Easily enough to make your character.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does this ANIME character have to look "ANIME" as in a artistic style common for Japanese shows, or something? Or does it just have to be someone who fits the troupe of a anime character, just wanna make sure the scope of the picture that qualifies specially since not everyone has anime art styles. :unsure:

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM