Hacking Clearing Preloader 0.29 hacks

dvd-guy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently Preloader 0.29 no longer stores hacks in shared2. I tried the hacks remover and it never finds anything, yet the hacks are persistent. Anyone know how to remove the hacks, so I can restart the process?

dvd-guy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you guys misunderstand. I'm already on 3.2. I've loaded hacks.ini, but I'd like to delete the file from my system's NAND. It's not a matter of reinstalling the system menu, it's a matter of removing Preloader's existing hacks, so I can load different ones. Crediar hasn't really done a good job to explain the options, and his closed source release hasn't really helped much either.

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think the only way to be:
Someones has to dump his nand and then install Preloader->add some hacks and dump Nand again.

The compare the dump.
Find the difference.

Then use FTPii with Nand acess to delete the hacks?
Not sure if this works

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dvd-guy: You don't need to delete the previous hacks to install new ones. Put the NEW hacks.ini in the root of your SD card then go to the preloader menu and check the hacks. They should be updated to the new ones.

Preloader will always overwrite the hacks in the memory with ones in your SD card.

dvd-guy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why is Crediar so resistant to document his software? For all we know, it might install a backdoor to every Wii using it.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're so set on doing it, follow the other guys advice. Downgrade to 3.2 and go from there back to 4.00

Cue2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koji2009 said:
dvd-guy: You don't need to delete the previous hacks to install new ones. Put the NEW hacks.ini in the root of your SD card then go to the preloader menu and check the hacks. They should be updated to the new ones.

Preloader will always overwrite the hacks in the memory with ones in your SD card.

I had a similar problem. I had used the wrong hack.ini file then used a newer correct one and was wondering if the old incorrect ones are removed in the process.

I still have problems though. I still get the disc spinning in standby and SSBB NTSC does not load on my PAL system.

icpmattjs advice is good. reinstall 3.2 and all the ISOs are overwritten so that should remove the hacks. My question is, does simply reinstalling 3.2 cause any other problems I should be aware of.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dvd-guy said:
Why is Crediar so resistant to document his software? For all we know, it might install a backdoor to every Wii using it.

The reason crediar won't release his tools as open source are purely the nature of his tools. they all run very high risks of causing system bricks if modified improperly. So instead of allowing noobs and complete ass tards to do so he simply won't release his source. It's safer this way......

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
the best way is to reinstall system menu using cIOSDowngrader/upgrader , preloader will not exist after that
wink.gif

dvd-guy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BIG MOE said:
the best way is to reinstall system menu using cIOSDowngrader/upgrader , preloader will not exist after that
wink.gif
You're wrong. The hacks are persistent throughout system menu installations. Try this. Load a hacks.ini, then overwrite that file with one entry missing. You'll notice that the sequence of enabled, disabled stays the same and it enables the wrong hacks chosen, since one hack is missing. Someone really needs to come up with a way to clear the hacks, as a lot of issues probably stem from this inconsistent piece of software. If Crediar simply released the source, others could easily troubleshoot the bugs.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dvd-guy said:
Someone really needs to come up with a way to clear the hacks, as a lot of issues probably stem from this inconsistent piece of software.

Check the link techboy posted above

NandClean works great

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo