Hacking Clear logs with ReiNX?

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate is what clears logs. ReiNX does not clear logs. You don't want to clear your logs anyway, as that is very suspicious if you go online and Nintendo sees a discrepancy in your logs since last time.

Reactions: offsense

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hekate is what clears logs. ReiNX does not clear logs. You don't want to clear your logs anyway, as that is very suspicious if you go online and Nintendo sees a discrepancy in your logs since last time.
One Scenario:

1. Initialized the system to officially clear the logs.
2. Never go online so no log will be sent to nintendo
3. When an error occurs, clear the log using nx-dreport.
4. Repeat step 3 until the end of time.

Is this safer than just letting error logs sit in the system?

Reactions: jimmyj

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One Scenario:

1. Initialized the system to officially clear the logs.
2. Never go online so no log will be sent to nintendo
3. When an error occurs, clear the log using nx-dreport.
4. Repeat step 3 until the end of time.

Is this safer than just letting error logs sit in the system?
If you never go online, you dont need to clear logs anyway.

The safest way to handle logs is if the cfw you were using spoofed the logs in some manner to look like any average, unhacked switch.

Reactions: annson24

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They can tell if you clear logs on 5.x.x and after. It's only safe to clear logs before then, as far as I've heard.

ReiNX does not clear logs nor prevents them. If you're on 5.x.x, it isn't safe to.

Hekate gives you the option to clear them, but it still isn't safe to unless you're on 4.x.x or before.

TomGR's SDFiles blocks Creport and gives the option to clear them, I do not know if it completely blocks them.

RajNX blocks eclct sysmodule and makes Creport dump logs to MicroSD, effectively making "clearing logs" unnecessary. This only protects log reports if you clear them pre-5.x.x

--

This is only about crash logs and whatnot though. There's no telling what else builds up from using the software, really.

Last edited by Serfrost,
Reactions: Deleted User

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.1 has less telemetry, but I'm unsure of the ban ration between the two firmwares.
I think 4.1 may be the best firmware to be on as of right now. Still have the option for future warmboot solution, exFAT support can be patched in, and firmware checks for NSPs can now be overridden with the latest tinfoil.

Also, made the switch from RajNX to ReiNX and everything seems to be working fine using Meteos' files on my 4.1.0 switch. Nothing against Raj, but recent events pushed me to make the switch to be on the safe side (although, I'm certain the brick was not caused by any CFW).

Last edited by Ziefer846,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.1 has less telemetry, but I'm unsure of the ban ration between the two firmwares.
You can't be banned on 4.1 because its not the latest firmware. And as far as I can tell, nobody was banned on 4.1 when it was the latest firmware.

EDIT: So no one misquotes me later, you can be banned on the lower firmwares

Last edited by Draxzelex,

Phenj

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can you confirm that you are playing online and using eShop, etc? With cleared logs?

That's very interesting
Yes. Never installed any .nsp, nothing strange. I run Devmenu once, cleared my logs immediately after, this like 50 days ago. But i clear my logs everytime i start my console.
And yeah, i can play online and use the eshop

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Legitimate dumps from your own carts + certs or illegitimate ones?
I play online only with my cartridges.

electronrancher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Never installed any .nsp, nothing strange. I run Devmenu once, cleared my logs immediately after, this like 50 days ago. But i clear my logs everytime i start my console.
And yeah, i can play online and use the eshop

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I play online only with my cartridges.

Great news, thanks for the tip! It seemed like clearing logs was one of the definite ban triggers, so it's interesting to hear that you're in the clear. Thanks!

Reactions: Phenj

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.