Hacking CleanRip "Undefined Read Error"

Lucar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been trying to dump a couple Wii games via CleanRip for a while now, and every game I've tried so far has thrown an "Disk Read Error" after different amounts of time. My disks are mostly clean and have some minor scratching, but nothing major, so I don't see what's causing these problems. Anyone know what's up with this?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I've had a lot of problems with CleanRip in the past. Just use a USB loader to rip the games.
Same here.

or if Lucar wants to be old school, use CIOS ISO dumper by Waninkoko. It never failed on me.

Lucar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you ever have disc read errors when playing from discs?

Not at all or very rarely on the games I'm trying to dump. I should mention USB Loader GX gets to different spots on the disk I'm dumping (Galaxy) before it just stops counting up. It got to 10, 20, and 40% before it stopped each time.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It's likely that there is a problem with the disc drive. You might need a lens cleaner. You can get them for $20 on eBay.

PS: If you decide to *ahem* "obtain" the games another way, make sure you install Peer Block first. ;)
He has a limited bandwidth. That's why he tries to dump them the old way.

Lucar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was just throwing that out there. It would suck to get in trouble for something he bought.

I don't see it being a lens problem. I can play all these games normally and they work fine, and all my Wii U games work fine, so I don't see how the lens would be the problem.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, just gonna throw this information out:

CLEANRIP errors out at roughly the same spot everytime with disks that don't work.
USB Loader GX errors out at different spots on disks that don't dump.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't see it being a lens problem. I can play all these games normally and they work fine, and all my Wii U games work fine, so I don't see how the lens would be the problem.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, just gonna throw this information out:

CLEANRIP errors out at roughly the same spot everytime with disks that don't work.
USB Loader GX errors out at different spots on disks that don't dump.
  1. If you're running a Wii U, then you should post in the appropriate section, or at the very least mention it in the original post
  2. You told me that you were getting disc read errors. That's not the same as working fine.
Have you tried a different hard drive or SD?

Lucar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
  1. If you're running a Wii U, then you should post in the appropriate section, or at the very least mention it in the original post
  2. You told me that you were getting disc read errors. That's not the same as working fine.
Have you tried a different hard drive or SD?

1. Sorry
2. Yes, I was getting disk read errors on 1 of the games I was trying to dump, however, I've tried other games that play fine normally (MK Wii, Galaxy 2, etc.) And I get the same problems as stated above.
3. I tried a different SD and it wasn't recognized by the HBC. I have also tried a different USB (I have no External HDD's) Formatted in both NTFS and FAT32. I'm dumping to a USB, btw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1