Cleanrip issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by sjones900, Oct 27, 2013.

1. sjones900
    OP

sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    TX
    So I'm trying to rip my copy of LoZ Ocarina of Time Master Quest via Cleanrip but it always gets stuck at 24% and I get the error "no seek complete" and I don't understand why. The game disc is immaculate with hardly any scratches... Can anyone give me some insight as to why this might be happening?

2. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    Uh... no. CleanRip sounds like it's acting like a bitch. Have you tried installing it through a USB loader?

3. sjones900
    OP

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    TX
    Yeah I have... I was using version 1.0.4 but I upgraded to 2.0 but both gave me issues. It could also be my laser.. I really hope not since I've already replaced the laser since it's gone out before.

4. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    Does it load in the regular disc channel? And if it does, does it give you a black error screen at some point? And, you could just try cleaning your laser again.

5. sjones900
    OP

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    TX
    It does play flawlessly. I still can't get it to rip it fails at the exact same spot every time. I just gave up and acquired the games data via other sources so I can play it in devolution. It verified just fine, so I guess that works.

6. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I have the same problem with my Animal Crossing copy, it boots perfect through disc channel, but can't complete any rip.
    Some sector of the disc must be damaged.
    Had to download a new ISO.

7. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Ripped my copy of LOZOOTMQ using CFG's built in ripper, no problem.