Hardware Cleaning Wii Laser

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I plan on cleaning the Wii laser soon and was wondering if anyone had any special tips or things to look out for? Should I just use some windex and a q-tip and clean it with a circular motion or is there a better way? I looked around on google but didn't see anything definitive, expecially for the Wii.

Unfortunately I am a smoker so there is probably yellow residue or whatever that needs removal.

ps i've tried the cd cleaner with the little brushes on it but it seems pretty useless, not even sure if it's making contact with the lens and even if it is, it would probably only remove dust and not residue of any kind.

thanks
smile.gif

pro2oman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i'v read some where that you can use a dvd lens cleaner but you need to use the dvd player homebrue to run it so that it cleans the lens with the brushes.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't use Windex, it might cloud the lens. I've not tried but I wouldn't want to risk it.

If anything use nothing more than a cotton bud (q-tip) lightly moistened with water. Then dry it off with another cotton bud.

When I used to earn a living repairing electrical stuff we used isopropyl alcohol on a cotton bud. If you can get some, use that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv