Hacking Question Clean Sysnand Update?

MichaelShawJr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, quick question. I have a clean sysnand on 8.1.0 and then I have a dirty emunand which permanently stays offline on 8.1.0 as well with SX OS. Is it safe for me to update my sysnand to 9.0? I read somewhere that the only thing that happens is the cartridge slot doesn't work on emunand at the moment, Is this still the case? The cartridge slot will still work on sysnand right? I don't really care that much if the cartridge slot doesn't work on emunand because I don't have any physical games atm just digital downloads on both.

This question doesn't affect me, But I figured I would ask it in case somebody else reads this thread for reference.
If people have physical games they want to play on emunand that are physical, couldn't they make a backup of those cartridges before updating?

Thanks in advanced!

Reactions: NoNAND

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
If your switch isn't patched I see no reason not to update your sysNAND since emuNAND and sysNAND are separated and the update won't affect both of them.
With that being said I would recommend you to wait just for a little longer. What if the 9.0.0 update has come changes that detect emuMMC/hackery, flags your console and bans it eventually?
Lol, not to scare you or anything though.

MichaelShawJr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I guess you can still play online? If anybody like me wanted to update so you can play onine, apparently it still works on 8.1.0 (as of 09/10/2019 at 12:30PM EST). Just be really care not to get button crazy, make sure you select the game patiently, then click "Start Software". If you hit A really quickly, you will end up accidently clicking "Update"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk, i don't have one