Hacking Question Clean NAND restore and linked account

burgerbeard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi everyone!

I hacked my old unpatched Switch (fw 10.1.0) last night but as I'm still very much a noob, I think I made some mistakes that I'm hoping someone here can help me with.

I followed the instructions in the homebrew guide:
• injected hekate payload and made a NAND and BIS backup before launching any kind of CFW
• enabled AutoRCM before proceeding with LockPick so I wouldn't have to use a jig after powering my Switch off
• partitioned my SD and created an emuMMC

BUT when I launched CFW for the first time I accidentally chose sysMMC. Before I noticed I was supposed to be in emuMMC I set up 90DNS (AFAIK I never actually connected to the internet, I only set it up in the settings and did a connection test which failed and to my understanding that's what I'd want, cause it means my Switch couldn't connect to the servers, unless I misunderstood that? I also deleted all my wifi settings prior to hacking.) Rebooted my Switch after that using AutoRCM and Hekate, launching CFW emuMMC and set up 90DNS, put it in airplane mode and that's about it. I'm not sure anymore if I opened the "album" folder in sysMMC, too, but I didn't run any of the apps in there.
My main concern rn is that I probably dirtied my sysMMC by launching CFW on it and I sadly still have my main account linked to that Switch cause I completely forgot that I wouldn't be able to unlink it without connecting to the servers. I also share an online subscription with family members and purchased a bunch of digital games so I'd like to remove my account from my old Switch altogether before I properly hack it again in the future.

So my questions are:
• If I restore my Switch using the NAND backup, will it be "safe" again and can I treat it like an unhacked Switch from there (till I decide to hack it again) i.e. go online to unlink my account? Will the logs match? If yes, do I just reboot it using AutoRCM and payload injection like before, disable AutoRCM, recover everything from my NAND backup and power it on normally after removing my SD? Or should I remove AutoRCM, power off my console, use a jig and THEN restore from my NAND backup? Also is a factory reset recommended after restoring? I know that's a lot of questions but I wanna be really careful to keep everything clean this time and as I'm a rookie, pointers in case I'm missing something would be great!
• Also is there any real risk once I go back online on my restored Switch to unlink my account that my second (clean) Switch that my account is also linked to or my family members will catch a ban?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by burgerbeard,

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you never connected to the internet you have nothing to worry about. Do the NAND restore and you should be good to go. Also for your other question there is ZERO risk aslong as you never connect to the internet on your dirty switch.

burgerbeard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you never connected to the internet you have nothing to worry about. Do the NAND restore and you should be good to go. Also for your other question there is ZERO risk aslong as you never connect to the internet on your dirty switch.

Thank you! I deleted my 90DNS set up again (cause I thought it hadn't worked at first) but I don't have any wifi settings saved on my Switch AND had it in airplane mode (except for a few seconds where I checked again if I had any wifi settings saved). So I assume the probability of my Switch having sent anything to the servers is rather slim?

About restoring: I still have AutoRCM enabled, is it safe to restart my system with it enabled, then disable it in Hekate and run the NAND restore without powering my console off again (as in: without rebooting with "regular" RCM and injecting another payload before restoring)? The reason why I'm asking is that my jig doesn't always work on the first try. Sorry for the stupid questions, I tried to look it up but couldn't really find any answers.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! I deleted my 90DNS set up again (cause I thought it hadn't worked at first) but I don't have any wifi settings saved on my Switch AND had it in airplane mode (except for a few seconds where I checked again if I had any wifi settings saved). So I assume the probability of my Switch having sent anything to the servers is rather slim?

About restoring: I still have AutoRCM enabled, is it safe to restart my system with it enabled, then disable it in Hekate and run the NAND restore without powering my console off again (as in: without rebooting with "regular" RCM and injecting another payload before restoring)? The reason why I'm asking is that my jig doesn't always work on the first try. Sorry for the stupid questions, I tried to look it up but couldn't really find any answers.
No its safe to leave on as no one has been banned for using AutoRCM alone. It will also be a pain to enter RCM again with your jig.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-