CLASSIC 2 MAGIC: Play SNES Cartridges on your SNES Mini (and much more)

If you LOVE Retro Gaming, then you need to check out THE must have accessory for the official SNES Mini consoles

3.jpg

Due to my various 'insider' contacts, I was able to recently sit-down and have fun with the C2M device, before it officially launches next month, and its truly does live up to its name, bringing retro gaming 'magic' to your Mini consoles, first off it allows you to play your original SNES cartridges, second it even allows you to 'backup' those cartridges to your choose of USB devices, and it also opens up your closed console to allow playing any SNES game you wish, no longer limited to just what Nintendo wants you to enjoy playing again from your childhood, infact you can even now magically play retro games from various other classic console manufacturers, over 20 different systems are supported, check out the official PR details below and their website and short 'intro video', and stay tuned as I bring you more coverage of this retro magical device soon.

SNES Mini Classic is a fantastic console but has one big flaw which frustrates all of its owners: The games collection is closed and limited.

Well no more! With Classic 2 Magic you can dig out your old SNES cartridges and play them directly on your SNES Mini Classic. Any game, from any region. Just plug & play!

You can also directly play game ROM files for SNES and many other different console systems on your SNES Mini Classic with Classic 2 Magic. The Classic 2 Magic creates so many new possibilities. The name says it all, it will do magic to your SNES Mini console.

And it is also compatible with the NES Mini console and Shonen Jump Mini.

You can find out more about all of the amazing features of Classic 2 Magic on its official website: http://classic2magic.com/
  • MSRP: $59.95
  • Availability: September 2018

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's meant as a way for a casual collector to be able to play his games on the SNES Classic. Obviously someone who would dump his own roms is not the target

No mention about how my suggestion is ruining a perfectly good SNES to create a rom dumper? Yes, a very casual collector indeed.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
nintendon's next target will be torrent sites
Torrents sites work in different way, the p2p is shared between me and you or others, unlike website hosting.
Yes Nintendo can put case but it will end up with fail, even if they win the case, imagine hundreds of websites out there with retro games, do you thing Nintendo will win them all?

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Torrents sites work in different way, the p2p is shared between me and you or others, unlike website hosting.
Yes Nintendo can put case but it will end up with fail, even if they win the case, imagine hundreds of websites out there with retro games, do you thing Nintendo will win them all?
this more works like a domino castle: all nintendo has to do is just bring some of the most important torrent's sites into trials, then win at court, most likely all others to avoid same emuparadise's fade will pull out all shared files.

Lpckid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Comes with a snes rom cart to play all
Games. Then people would want it plus it has enhanced graphics to play all n64 games perfect.

Rel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this more works like a domino castle: all nintendo has to do is just bring some of the most important torrent's sites into trials, then win at court, most likely all others to avoid same emuparadise's fade will pull out all shared files.
Won't work no matter how hard Nintendo wants to, The Pirate Bay is still around after all those attempts to shut it down. What makes you think Nintendo can do anything lol.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Won't work no matter how hard Nintendo wants to, The Pirate Bay is still around after all those attempts to shut it down. What makes you think Nintendo can do anything lol.
That's just my theory man, maybe they will get a try... You know Ninty has the big money :P lol if there will be the Judgment Day for all torrent sites, let's back to use Emule xD

TheMrIron2

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
senseless addon for a senseless device. Kinda like Jaguar CD.

Aside from the fact that I actually quite like the Jaguar, this is actually quite a good add-on. Original SNES consoles will not last forever and many of them are almost 30 years old; by producing devices like these, it is the best somewhat official way to continue playing original SNES games in 2018.
Of course if you already have a working SNES, that's probably better, but going forward it's difficult to say how much longer we will have working SNES consoles for.

Edit: On a different note, would it have been so hard to allow SNES Minis to accept miniature game packs or cards? Say a small SD-sized card that comes with an additional 10 games or so. They could have made a small fortune at that rate!

Last edited by TheMrIron2,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Aside from the fact that I actually quite like the Jaguar, this is actually quite a good add-on. Original SNES consoles will not last forever and many of them are almost 30 years old; by producing devices like these, it is the best somewhat official way to continue playing original SNES games in 2018.
Of course if you already have a working SNES, that's probably better, but going forward it's difficult to say how much longer we will have working SNES consoles for.
Except there are various other devices available that don't require $140 worth of hardware that can play SNES games just as well as this. The Supa RetroNHD, for instance, costs the same as this add-on and will play pretty much any SNES game.

Not to mention the original SNES is a very well-made piece of hardware, you have to pretty much deliberately abuse the thing to get it to stop working to a point it can't be repaired. As far as I know, the only real thing that will totally kill a SNES beyond repair is corrosion from water damage, which I imagine isn't all that common among SNES consoles being sold today.

This add-on is supposed to be aimed at people who want to play their physical SNES games, but that's redundant because 99% of that market...already owns a SNES, or Retron-esque device, or a clone that can play physical games. And the other 1% probably aren't even aware this thing will exist because they're casual players who bought a SNES Mini for nostalgia purposes only, not for long-term SNES goodness.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Except there are various other devices available that don't require $140 worth of hardware that can play SNES games just as well as this. The Supa RetroNHD, for instance, costs the same as this add-on and will play pretty much any SNES game.

Not to mention the original SNES is a very well-made piece of hardware, you have to pretty much deliberately abuse the thing to get it to stop working to a point it can't be repaired. As far as I know, the only real thing that will totally kill a SNES beyond repair is corrosion from water damage, which I imagine isn't all that common among SNES consoles being sold today.

This add-on is supposed to be aimed at people who want to play their physical SNES games, but that's redundant because 99% of that market...already owns a SNES, or Retron-esque device, or a clone that can play physical games. And the other 1% probably aren't even aware this thing will exist because they're casual players who bought a SNES Mini for nostalgia purposes only, not for long-term SNES goodness.
you forget the most important thing HD resolution, snes looks complete crap on hd tvs and this way using an emulator you can get a much better picture than using original hardware.

i got a working n64 and the games look awnful on my hd tv, and im a colector, i like using the original cartrige,disc whatever media a console uses, i collect them, so im still waiting on an emulatorish console that can read the n64 cartridges instead of just using a pie.

Reactions: Classicgamer

TheMrIron2

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
tbf the RetroN will also upscale it as well. Ultimately I think the fact it's using HDMI is the biggest benefit to image quality on HDTVs, scanline shaders and the like are great though. But again; this is an official way to play SNES with a third party accessory in 2018. I don't question the SNES's durability, but for how long? I think you overestimate electronics if you believe they can keep functioning forever simply because of good engineering. Besides, most SNES consoles that are still around are yellowed - some badly - and this looks better on a shelf while providing better image quality than an original SNES, and while being official.

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty cool but with all the shutdowns I'm cheering for ROMS over carts right now, we need new untraceable rom sites that dgaf.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Buy a used SNES. Rip out the cartridge slot. Solder on wires to connect it to a computer. Dump your own games.

If I can't get a snes brand new and boxed I ain't interested :P

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty cool but with all the shutdowns I'm cheering for ROMS over carts right now, we need new untraceable rom sites that dgaf.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If I can't get a snes brand new and boxed I ain't interested :P

Super NT FTW, has the Snes hardware simulated to the tee, HDMI and no lag.

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to dump roms, go to gamestop and buy a retron 5, crappy input lag for actual emulation, but you can hack it to dump roms... more expensive route but can dump 10ish different consoles from it...

Reactions: Mark2333
P

pasc

*dusts off Super Retro Advance*.

waaait...

Utterly useless device IMO. For the same price as a SNES Mini and this, you could literally just buy a regular ol' SNES and a bunch of games. If you can't live without HDMI, you can just get the SupaRetroN HD for nearly the same price as this. Even then, chances are if you have physical SNES games, you're going to have an actual SNES to play on.

Orrr you get yourself that sweet Super Retro Trio :D

Last edited by ,

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i like the idea but the price is too high and it looks cheap.
lower the price to $30 and move the usb port somewhere hidden like underneath or in a pocket on the back or something.
engrave the logo instead of a sticker, and add some color either purple or the red yellow green blue and i'm in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    This was one of the craziest movies I've seen about our food industry, lots of stuff I didn't know. A must see. https://youtu.be/OqzjC-ENrl8?si=GYxmdY5nShzGniVi
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Oh, that dude?
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol +1