1. Bellebite2000

Bellebite2000 GBAtemp Regular

Afghanistan
    Exactly, if you love retrogaming, you have a SD2SNES already (and a full collection of everdrive / darksoft stuff), REAL hardware, and no half working emulator you plug to your TV.

2. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Maniac

Indonesia
    I have a real snes collecting dust since I have no cartidge to play. still, given that I only play chrono trigger on snes emulator, I don't think I miss SNES that much these days, plus chrono trigger just recently published on PC

3. Bellebite2000

Afghanistan
    The article started with "If you LOVE Retro Gaming", this is why I commented earlier.
    Again, I am not judging. Some people are fine getting "food" at Mc Donald's.

Last edited by Bellebite2000, Aug 20, 2018
    Fred Molyneux likes this.
  4. garyopa

OP garyopa Admin @ MaxConsole

Canada
    Would like to point out to the many posters here saying its 'uesless' device. Sure for those already experienced in world of emulators and roms, or already have a bunch of retro equipment, it may on the surface seem 'useless'.

But remember Nintendo introduce the 'world of retro' gaming to millions and millions of people that have not experience any form of 'retro gaming', the majority infact don't even 'own any gaming system', or either own a XB1 or PS4, and when they saw those Mini consoles on sale from Nintendo officially, had suddenly a flashback to when they were a kid first experiencing Mario after unwrapping their new costly toy their parents bought, and since those long gone-by early childhood gaming days, and since then have not really stay in the 'video gaming world', and have moved on with life, but now suddenly with these Mini's on market, millions of those kind of people have been throw into era they thought was gone and now are looking to 'expand' their enjoyment by playing other games, or maybe even dust off a few original cartridges that they kept stored away all these years in the attic.

That above is the market that C2M is aim'ing at, those millions that were freshly introduced to the 'retro gaming era', and don't really have the 'vast knowledge' about it, like you and me and thousands of GBATemp'ers. :)

Mark2333 likes this.
  5. Bellebite2000

Afghanistan
    That is my whole point. If you really love retrogaming, you don't wait for Nintendo to discover what emulation is. Proper sentence for this article should have been :" If you discovered emulation thanks to Nintendo 2 months ago, then this is something for you, maybe". Feel like current phrasing is a giant click-bait.

6. Amabo

Amabo Suspended
    Suspended

France
    Totally, loading a rom internally or having the same rom being loaded via a USB cart reader is essentially what this is. A complete waste of money is what this is when you can do so much more with a USB device for free. What next, adding a double speed CD-Rom to read PSX CDs?

I'm all for modding but trying to con users out of $60 to do something free options can do better is a bit rediculous. I find the 3DS-Flashcard site can pre-order now, I need to get more deepth information

7. teamvb

teamvb Member
    Newcomer

I may get one if it support sd2snes ,play msu1 ,fx,dsp,sa1 games,or everdrive,gamedoctor,ufo etc,sometime u want to use old school copiers or should i just buy a super nt,

Last edited by teamvb, Aug 22, 2018
  8. Amabo

Amabo Suspended
    Suspended

France
  9. Henri-ici

Henri-ici Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Also found sxflashcard.com to pre-order the classic 2 magic.

10. blubber987

blubber987 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Looks quite expensive to me and i can just use hakchi to put my games on it anyway.

11. SonyUSA

SonyUSA We're all mad here
    Contributor

United States
    I tried Mario 64 and it runs really dang well on it! I'm not sure if hakchi adds other emu support but the C2M was drag and drop. Plus it works with all the official Nintendo controllers, so I don't see why an N64 Classic couldn't work... except for the fact that all the good games for N64 would require a collosal feat in terms of acquiring licensing from Rare xD

Fred Molyneux likes this.
  12. Mark2333

Mark2333 Banned
    Banned

United States
    It's released already.
    [​IMG]

13. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Analogue Super NT + SD2SNES, best way to play Snes games, *shrug* Cycle-accurate FPGA hardware simulation, so...

14. Mark2333

Mark2333 Banned
    Banned

United States
    Also found it's sold in Amazon and Ebay, but the price is so High compared with the resellers.

15. Medveitsi

Medveitsi GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    what about that it runs at 60hz instead of the proper 60.09hz of a real SNES?

16. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    If you LOVE retro gaming then you put the cartridge into a real SNES.

Not even going down the whole rabbit hole of finding a 1CHIP SNES, RGB cables, and Framemeister. I won't knock on people who play on an emulator with their controller of choice but gosh darn, Cartridge + Emulator is just for the look of things. Less convenient and less authentic than other options it's in the weird inferior middle-ground.

I was going to say shame on maxconsole for not knowing better but it turns out to be original writings from GBAtemp star poster @garyopa posting on behalf of his company "insider contacts". Surprised ads like this are allowed but I know it's expensive running a free site with this much traffic.

Pro tip if you want to avoid seeing posts like this in the future:
    [​IMG]

17. KHEOPS

KHEOPS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    secret of mana is also good
    [​IMG]

18. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    The difference is going to be negligible to 99% of people. Still more accurate than Canoe being run in the Snes Classic.

19. CORE

CORE 3:16

United Kingdom
    SEGA..Saturn...San.Shiro!

The Hell with this device go Home and Play Sega Saturn San!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Cartridges, CLASSIC, MAGIC