Hacking Clannad Vita English translation?

Thekenbaum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I know it's not out there; but I have a theory that might work.

The file structure for the Vita version has everything put away into a .PAK file which I cannot open; the rename it as a .ZIP file trick and normal .PAK editing software for Half-Life MOdding doesn't seem to get it open; So I am assuming the File is encrypted in some sense.

However; I know that for the vita to be able to read anything from the .PAK files; there has to be a decryption key somewhere that it accesses, I think it's in the Eboot file; but I'm not positive.
Is there a way to read the contents of the Eboot, or is there something That I'm missing with the .PAK files?

If I could just get into the files, I'll see about making an english patch for this game.
Who knows, Little Busters CE for the Vita has the same file structure; If I can get into this then I can get into that and possibly make an english patch for that game as well.
Example.png

Above is a screen shot of the files in Clannad for the Vita

npbg6464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you upload or send me one of the (smaller) pak files, I can at least tell you whether it's encrypted or just has a custom packing structure

Thekenbaum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you upload or send me one of the (smaller) pak files, I can at least tell you whether it's encrypted or just has a custom packing structure

It's not letting me upload the file or post a link to it; but it is in my google drive and I do have a shareable link to it; just don't know how I can get it to you.

Thekenbaum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chary said that talking about .PAK files is fine but Uploading it to this site isn't; they didn't say anything about external links.
Hold on, let's wait for a mod to say that's allowed first

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, so the file has RSA encryption; a buddy of mine was able to figure that out.
From the looks of it; RSA isn't that difficult to crack; but I still have to figure out how to do so.

npbg6464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so the file has RSA encryption; a buddy of mine was able to figure that out.
From the looks of it; RSA isn't that difficult to crack; but I still have to figure out how to do so.

There's really no way to 'crack' it (unless it was VERY badly implemented), but the keys or, at least, data needed to derive the keys, should be somewhere in the executable, and methods for getting the keys may already exist. Wait for someone with Vita experience to take a look.

Thekenbaum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's really no way to 'crack' it (unless it was VERY badly implemented), but the keys or, at least, data needed to derive the keys, should be somewhere in the executable, and methods for getting the keys may already exist. Wait for someone with Vita experience to take a look.
ok.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: that's an apple but same idea